Frogspawn Identification.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I purchased this frogspawn today at my lfs for a pretty good price, and it was sold to me as a branching bicolor frogspawn. After it closed up and I brought it home, I began to realize that this does not look like the other frogspawns in my tank, but it looks much more like a wall coral. If this is the case, I really wouldn’t want to keep a frogspawn that I know will inevitably die (I haven’t had much luck with wall euphyllia, and have read that they are generally more difficult and slow-growing than the branching ones).
Can somebody help me confirm that this is a wall coral, or if it is just a frogspawn that hasn’t split (even though there are four separate mouths)?
8906E075-7EE9-48CE-800C-BE3891667009.jpeg
887841EB-8A26-403A-BECB-FA6FFE29A69E.jpeg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I can see it does look like it's a branching specimen (albeit with very narrow branches). It's not entirely out in the images so it's hard to see, but I'd give it a few days. I don't know the return policy with your LFS so I can't really advise there, but having had many wall and branching corals - I'm still leaning more towards branching with this one. And it does appear to be bi-color.

Back