OP
R

reefer2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15930255878671037738516803222138.jpg
Just saw your reef tank. So you have been keeping softies for 20 years?

OP
OP
R

reefer2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been keeping saltwater tanks that long. Corals for the last 5 or so.
Just a quick tip from me, don't tell advice to people if you did not have any experiance with a particular coral in my case a frogspawn, because a newbie might listen to your advice and eventually kill the coral. Just a friendly advise

Angelwolf21203

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick tip from me, don't tell advice to people if you did not have any experiance with a particular coral in my case a frogspawn, because a newbie might listen to your advice and eventually kill the coral. Just a friendly advise
Your advice has been received as less than friendly, but you're the one with the coral issue. Just because I don't have a frogspawn currently doesn't mean I have no experience with them. But you seem to want to perpetuate the "size contest", so good luck to you and your reef.

OP
OP
R

reefer2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your advice has been received as less than friendly, but you're the one with the coral issue. Just because I don't have a frogspawn currently doesn't mean I have no experience with them. But you seem to want to perpetuate the "size contest", so good luck to you and your reef.
If you did not recieve my advise as friendly than thats your problem. And everyone in the reefing comunity knows that if you did not have any experiance with a certain coral than you should not give advise. This is the main problem why people are getting more hesitant for posting in reefing forums. I have a problem with my coral thats why I am reaching out by posting in this forum for people who had more experiance with these corals to give me advise not people who do not know at all about this coral. And as you see O recieved some great tips if you read from top to bottom.

Shesame

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I bouth this guy about a month ago and its been open and all perfect until this recent week it started shrinking day by day. All my other euphyllias are feeling great and the other corals to. My guess is that either the light is too much which is ecotech xr30 pro on aclimation set for top intensity to hit 45%, and the other guess is that its turning into 2 heads but they are still conjoined, but in a very small area. At this point I dont know because my other euphyllia are all open and looking healthy. Any help is apreciated
Tank params.
Alk-7.7
Cal-470
Mag-1430
Nitrate-5-10
Phosphate-0.03
Salinity-1.025
Temp-25-26 degrees celcius

FC85607E-2AA8-4F56-8432-CE343C47F63E.jpeg A820425D-88B0-4DCD-909D-1657790F1CF4.jpeg
Is your flow high ? and what fish do you have? because i have a filefish and i find out he really like it.

OP
OP
R

reefer2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your flow high ? and what fish do you have? because i have a filefish and i find out he really like it.
I currently have no fish just snails. But I am gonna get some next week a pair of clowns. The flow is low flow in that particular area, because in my experiance even medium flow makes their tenticles retract. Of right now The coral is the same. I am just glad its bot getting worse

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 20 year old frog spawn just withered and disappeared... so no advice from me lol. I am looking for the solution as well!

OP
OP
R

reefer2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 20 year old frog spawn just withered and disappeared... so no advice from me lol. I am looking for the solution as well!
Holy smokes! 20 years and poof gone! Man I lost a hammer colony that grew for 2 years and I felt horrible but 20 years is awfull. I feel your pain I hope you find the solution same as me, I trully am sorry to hear that. But dont let it get in the way of keeping these beutiful corals again

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.3%
Back