Frogspawn with toadstool?

bigpfist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

I am new to corals (just got my first 2 toadstools) and my birthday is coming up! I am asking for a frogspawn coral for my birthday to put in my Biocube 32 gallon. Is there any reason not to pair the toadstool with a frogspawn? Also, what is the lowdown on torches? I have a huge Ocellaris...will it really suffocate the torch and send it to coral heaven?

Any info is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

derekgoude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy upcoming birthday!!!!

Hammer corals (torches too) sting whatever they touch as part of their defense and offense against other corals. Just keep the two from touching and you're good.

If the clown decides to make the torch it's home, it'll slowly die away. Hard to say what the clown will like to nuzzle with. Mine for years loved to snuggle up on a zoa rock and left my anemone rock alone for years... Then they switched to the anemones about 2 years ago. So to answer you, dunno till you try it. Maybe start with an anemone on its own rock island first, then get a torch later after the clown find the anemone. Anemones will split and they also sting other corals

OP
OP
bigpfist

bigpfist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy upcoming birthday!!!!

Hammer corals (torches too) sting whatever they touch as part of their defense and offense against other corals. Just keep the two from touching and you're good.

If the clown decides to make the torch it's home, it'll slowly die away. Hard to say what the clown will like to nuzzle with. Mine for years loved to snuggle up on a zoa rock and left my anemone rock alone for years... Then they switched to the anemones about 2 years ago. So to answer you, dunno till you try it. Maybe start with an anemone on its own rock island first, then get a torch later after the clown find the anemone. Anemones will split and they also sting other corals

Thanks for the early birthday wishes and the reply! That news is good enough. I really have my heart set on the frogspawn at my LFS and mostly want to add that guy to my menagerie...good to know it'll be okay with the toadstool. Thanks again!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back