• Frozen, pellets, and flakes

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters

Topekoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when you say varied, do you mean a combination of different food types, or just different foods in general. like, for example, the packs I bought have 4 different types of frozen food and I've been switching between them. is that varied, or would it only really be varied if I threw pellets in too? I really want to do my best for these guys and the more I learn the more I worry I'm not doing enough

Next time you are out grab some. Also get nori sheets if you have omnivores. Like tangs for example. Feeding just meat all the time isn't enough. So when you get a dry food get the algae version also cause remember even your carnivores get greens when they eat other fish in the wild

DeniableArc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
probably a really stupid question, but what do you mean by "dose phosphate"? I've tested my phosphate twice (tank is two weeks old), and I've never had anything but tiny amounts that have gone down on their own. I do have a phosphate remover pad in my filter...
Hi because I only feed ocean nutrition flake my tank always runs low on phosphate thats why I dose phosphate to get detectable levels. I believe if you feed frozen food you may get more phosphate.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1643-M.jpg

I have 5 kinds of food I give the guppies I raise to feed the lions.

Last edited:

kkelly007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unless Brine Shrimp are gut loaded with algae, the run o mill “red” brine shrimp are basically no better than feeding your fish Trix (and Trix are for kids) ... anyway, you want the green ones

Flake works, I like Formula 1 &2 but soaked pellets are better IMO ...I use NLS pellets but frozen mysis, DIY frozen and ulva make up the bulk of my aquariums diet

Agree 100%. Straight frozen brine are basically the fish equivalent of french fries. Spirulina brine have nutritional value, but I believe the most nutritional food are pellets and flakes and there are so many excellent brands out there that it’s hard to go wrong. I have a few fish (anthias and flame wrasse) that started out picky but what I found is that they quickly eat what is offered if that is the only option and now they prefer flakes and pellets over most any other food. I say a variety—the spice of life!—is important.

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, since people seem to all have a preferred brand, does anyone know about San Francisco Bay Company Frozen food? Its what was available at my LFS, but I'm getting the sense certain brands are better for the fish than others...
My scooter blenny has lived off only San Francisco’s food for about 2 years lol. It’s the only thing he will touch

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 46 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.8%
Back