OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make a paste like Aiptasia-X and cover them the same way. X and kalk are basically the same thing only kalk is WAY cheaper. I tried Aip-X on my rescue tank last year and it did diddly. They exploded all over that tank. I make a thick paste with tank water and kalk and cover them heavily with it including into their hole. I use the Aip-X syringe and tips to apply it too.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a monster that showed up out of nowhere I pickup RS aptasia-X anyone have luck with it? or is it over priced Kalk? BTW how do you us kalk on those little buggers
I tried RS Aiptasia X and had good results.
I shot the biggest anemones with the product and added peppermint shrimp afterwards to finish the remaining smaller aiptasia.
My tank got cleaned in about 4 weeks time.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried RS Aiptasia X and had good results.
I shot the biggest anemones with the product and added peppermint shrimp afterwards to finish the remaining smaller aiptasia.
My tank got cleaned in about 4 weeks time.
I put a peppermint shrimp in my tank and have not seen him sense , I do have a huge cleaner shrimp, Is there a problem with those two?

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently put two peppermint shrimp in a 15 gallon nano and didn’t see either for several weeks. They found a good hiding spot and pretty much stayed there while the lights were on. They come out a little now, but nit much. So yours are probably there, but don’t want to be seen. :)

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one in the holding tank that came from the 90 but I have since lost him. I cannot find him in the holding tank, which is still running, and he's not in the Waterbox. He could have jumped out of the holding tank but I would never find him in my basement sump area where the tank is. I do have 1 piece of live rock in the holding tank and some dead corals as well, but he's no where to be found. I have removed the rock and inspected it to no avail.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that's a lunch

IMG_20180725_132337.jpg

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did my tests today and everything is good except water is too clean.

NO3 - 0
PO4 - .025
dkH - 7.11
Ca - 410
Mg - 1400
pH - 8.2

My red Goniopora looks like crap since I got back. I though something must be out of wack but I don't know. It looked good when I left but now there's no polyp extension at all. It's pulled in completely. No ideas on this one. I checked PAR on it and it was at about 220-240 so I moved it to a little lower par at around 180-190. When I left it had nice extension of the polyps, now nothing.

Any ideas?? o_Oo_O

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scrolled down after hearing of your lost shrimp and seen the lobster, I thought you found him but noo you have to tease us with NE sea food.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did my tests today and everything is good except water is too clean.

NO3 - 0
PO4 - .025
dkH - 7.11
Ca - 410
Mg - 1400
pH - 8.2

My red Goniopora looks like crap since I got back. I though something must be out of wack but I don't know. It looked good when I left but now there's no polyp extension at all. It's pulled in completely. No ideas on this one. I checked PAR on it and it was at about 220-240 so I moved it to a little lower par at around 180-190. When I left it had nice extension of the polyps, now nothing.

Any ideas?? o_Oo_O
It saw what you did to the lobster? :confused::oops:

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a peppermint shrimp in my tank and have not seen him sense , I do have a huge cleaner shrimp, Is there a problem with those two?

My Peppermint comes out at night mostly. I see him when i get home from work at 2am. He will also come out if I add food during the day, I have two Cleaner Shrimp with him. The larger Cleaner Shrimp will feel him out with his antennae and may try to steal his food. See the video here:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/i-received-a-box-of-rocks-today.335926/page-17#post-4942098

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we went to the LFS that QTs his fish and we procured a couple for the tank. I haven't had clowns in many years and hadn't thought about getting any but these 2 caught my wife's eye.

IMG_20180726_145446.jpg

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please tell me they are dinky! Gorgeous looking fish. :)

The smaller one is about 1.5" the larger about 2"

Bad freehand phone pic

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we went to the LFS that QTs his fish and we procured a couple for the tank. I haven't had clowns in many years and hadn't thought about getting any but these 2 caught my wife's eye.

IMG_20180726_145446.jpg

Beautiful pair! I love that all white dorsal fin on the big one.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I tried my best to get a decent pic of these 2 but they don't stop moving AT ALL. I took about 35 pics and these 2 were the best I could do right now. I fed them some mysis and they scarfed it down. They are swimming all over the tank and seem to be adjusting well. They were not a bonded pair and were in separate tanks. The LFS uses small 3 gal tanks to QT all his fish that he has for sale and they were 2 tanks away from each other. They seem more like a bonded pair than I would have thought. They swim together and apart but always come back to each other. Kinda cute. The larger one has the white dorsal and black tail an is approximately 2". The smaller one has mostly white dorsal with some black in it and is about 1.5". He also has a few spots on his side. I don't know what they are but as close as I can tell they look like Frostbite, but I am not positive.

Clowns1.jpg

Clowns2.jpg

crazysun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I tried my best to get a decent pic of these 2 but they don't stop moving AT ALL. I took about 35 pics and these 2 were the best I could do right now. I fed them some mysis and they scarfed it down. They are swimming all over the tank and seem to be adjusting well. They were not a bonded pair and were in separate tanks. The LFS uses small 3 gal tanks to QT all his fish that he has for sale and they were 2 tanks away from each other. They seem more like a bonded pair than I would have thought. They swim together and apart but always come back to each other. Kinda cute. The larger one has the white dorsal and black tail an is approximately 2". The smaller one has mostly white dorsal with some black in it and is about 1.5". He also has a few spots on his side. I don't know what they are but as close as I can tell they look like Frostbite, but I am not positive.

Clowns1.jpg

Clowns2.jpg
They are some pretty sexy fish... good addition to your tank. I like them.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back