Fuge lighting for biocube?

Omar Torres

Noob Reefer
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2016
Messages
211
Reaction score
99
Location
Bowie, MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm finally sold on the fuge for the biocube. All my reefing friends have shown great results with chaeto and after the brs chaeto test... I'm def sold.. I bought a 20w floodlight to light it and was told it would be to much? I would like some other opinions since I have heard some people have issues with chaeto not getting enough light in the biocube. I'm not sure if the chaeto will tumble but I want exponential growth so it will be turned bi daily to get full coverage. Input please? Thanks
0f01afe44f9510bfe01b625fbdccac73.png
 
I use a 7 dollar clamp shade from home depot with an led bulb from walmart, chaeto doesn't tumble at all and it grows like a beast. There's definitely some truth to those BRS tests, but by no means do you need prime parameters or expensive equipment to grow chaeto or to yield the benefits from growing it; just my two cents.
 
I use a 7 dollar clamp shade from home depot with an led bulb from walmart, chaeto doesn't tumble at all and it grows like a beast. There's definitely some truth to those BRS tests, but by no means do you need prime parameters or expensive equipment to grow chaeto or to yield the benefits from growing it; just my two cents.

I would have done the same but the clearance behind my cube was limited and I didn't want to take off the lid.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new