Full recovery or no?

Sharkattackmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly I have to admit that I think I squished my blasto. It was one of my first corals I tried to glue down and after applying too much pressure to the plug the side of my finger felt a small popping. I know I damaged it as it has been looking bad since. Should I let nature take its course? Is it a good idea to remove dead/dying coral? Sorry for the bad photos as it at a part on the tank that isn't the easiest for pictures. I should have tried a top down picture.

Screenshot_20210104-183211.png

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly I have to admit that I think I squished my blasto. It was one of my first corals I tried to glue down and after applying too much pressure to the plug the side of my finger felt a small popping. I know I damaged it as it has been looking bad since. Should I let nature take its course? Is it a good idea to remove dead/dying coral? Sorry for the bad photos as it at a part on the tank that isn't the easiest for pictures. I should have tried a top down picture.

Screenshot_20210104-183211.png
That left polyp is a goner but the one that remains in tact might pull through. How many does ago was this? Don’t do anything to the coral. If it was happy in this location then keep it. Changing too many things will do more harm than good.

OP
OP
Sharkattackmack

Sharkattackmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That left polyp is a goner but the one that remains in tact might pull through. How many does ago was this? Don’t do anything to the coral. If it was happy in this location then keep it. Changing too many things will do more harm than good.
It was probably close to a week ago now. I had it higher up on the tank and didn't glue it to see if it liked the light. Came home from work and one of our hermits might have knocked it over. I tried glueing it back down on not a very last surface and that's when this happened. I've been staying up on my water changes and testing. Also been spot feeding and using some RS AB+ to try to help promote the growth.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was probably close to a week ago now. I had it higher up on the tank and didn't glue it to see if it liked the light. Came home from work and one of our hermits might have knocked it over. I tried glueing it back down on not a very last surface and that's when this happened. I've been staying up on my water changes and testing. Also been spot feeding and using some RS AB+ to try to help promote the growth.
It might make it. Don't spot feed since skeleton is exposed, the last thing you want is detritus settling in the skeleton.

A+B is good, just let it do it's thing. I've had corals come back from similar situations.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 28.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.9%
Back