scoly.png
trachy.png

ghermes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always down to help lol. Biggest thing I think is a quality orange filter and turn off the flow for a nice still photo
Great shots. Wondering what number orange filter you are using and how are you getting the black background? Thanks

OP
OP
reptireef

reptireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great shots. Wondering what number orange filter you are using and how are you getting the black background? Thanks
I don't have a nice screw on filter yet so I'm using Avast Marines orange filter, for the black background I use photoshop and cut around the coral with the lasso tool.

ghermes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a nice screw on filter yet so I'm using Avast Marines orange filter, for the black background I use photoshop and cut around the coral with the lasso tool.
I also have the Avast setup but have not used it yet. I need to do some research and figure out what glass orange filter to get. Time for me to get off my butt and start shooting. I use Lightroom all the time but have not used Photoshop very much. Going to have to give the lasso tool a try. Thanks for the info!

OP
OP
reptireef

reptireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have the Avast setup but have not used it yet. I need to do some research and figure out what glass orange filter to get. Time for me to get off my butt and start shooting. I use Lightroom all the time but have not used Photoshop very much. Going to have to give the lasso tool a try. Thanks for the info!
No prob, I hear the Tiffen 7285B is the go to screw on filter, I just cant get myself to spend $170 on it lol. It goes on sale periodically for $50 so I'm waiting for that.

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are you using AWB or setting the White Balance manually? I have the same Sony, but lens limited to G 90mm Macro 2.8. Thus far, I have not had tremendous success through the glass. May give the avast marine porthole a try.

OP
OP
reptireef

reptireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using AWB or setting the White Balance manually? I have the same Sony, but lens limited to G 90mm Macro 2.8. Thus far, I have not had tremendous success through the glass. May give the avast marine porthole a try.
Auto WB, the orange filter does most of the work but I usually have to warm up the color temp in editing because they still are too blue. I also do run full blues all day so..

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back