Full Time Photographer Turned Reefer

reptireef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2021
Messages
132
Reaction score
295
Location
Naples
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I come from professional automotive photography (cars, trucks, etc). Have been shooting full time for about 5 years, once I got into reefing in early 2020 I fell in love with taking close ups of my corals! Going to use this thread to post some here every now and then.

I love helping out fellow enthusiasts so to anyone needing help shooting please feel free to ask!
 
DSC04539.jpg
DSC01324.jpg
DSC01495.jpg
DSC04577.jpg
 
holy cow! youre a talented photographer and the corals look super healthy!
 
Gorgeous photos!!! I am positive you practice witch craft now.

This may be the most frustrating part of this hobby. Everyone asks all the time about it, just like they ask about my new puppy. Well I get my phone out and show them all the pictures and videos of my giant schnauzer pup. But when the discussion is my tank, I break out my phone and show them windex colored photos with muddy details. Then I say it’s prettier in person.

you up on the other hand are showing details that even my eyes don’t capture. This tells me I need a macro lens. But they still won’t compare to what you are sharing with us. Sorry to gush.
 
Gorgeous photos!!! I am positive you practice witch craft now.

This may be the most frustrating part of this hobby. Everyone asks all the time about it, just like they ask about my new puppy. Well I get my phone out and show them all the pictures and videos of my giant schnauzer pup. But when the discussion is my tank, I break out my phone and show them windex colored photos with muddy details. Then I say it’s prettier in person.

you up on the other hand are showing details that even my eyes don’t capture. This tells me I need a macro lens. But they still won’t compare to what you are sharing with us. Sorry to gush.
Thank you! As a photographer I’m never really happy with my photos but I try to learn and improve with every shot!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new