Further stocking thoughts?

FEED ME ZOAS

Eater of Zoas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I've got a Cobalt Aquatics C-Vue 18 set up and it's had a pair of ocellaris clowns in it for a bit over a year. Aside from some zoas and an ungodly amount of ceriths that keep breeding I don't have any other livestock. I'm wanting to potentially add another fish, but I'm not set on it. I'm thinking maybe a shrimp/goby pair? Maybe just a goby? Sand bed is 1.25-1.5 inches deep. I'm not necessarily married to the idea of a goby, but I figured that would have a pretty good chance of not getting picked on too bad by the clowns. I definitely want to try for captive bred /sustainably caught live stock. Super open to suggestions. Any ideas?

Pics of tank for some context
20211101_211949.jpg
20211101_212009.jpg

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any small goby would make a good option. Clown, neon, firefish, or shrimpgoby all come to mind.
Imo if you do a shrimpgoby you might as well get the shrimp too!
Other good options are tailspot blenny, royal gramma, cardinal fish, or Pygmy wrasses.

OP
OP
F

FEED ME ZOAS

Eater of Zoas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any small goby would make a good option. Clown, neon, firefish, or shrimpgoby all come to mind.
Imo if you do a shrimpgoby you might as well get the shrimp too!
Other good options are tailspot blenny, royal gramma, cardinal fish, or Pygmy wrasses.
Appreciate it! Nearly all of these fish have crossed my mind. Do you think the clowns would be an issue with any of these? They certainly try to take chunks out of me lol

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firefish are generally too fast. Gramma and wrasse can fight back and intimidate the clowns. The other guys will generally stay out of the way.
Unless breeding clowns tend to be relatively calm, but pairs will be really hard on each other.

OP
OP
F

FEED ME ZOAS

Eater of Zoas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firefish are generally too fast. Gramma and wrasse can fight back and intimidate the clowns. The other guys will generally stay out of the way.
Unless breeding clowns tend to be relatively calm, but pairs will be really hard on each other.
Indeed. The one who appears to have been relegated to the role of male is a little worse for wear but doing well. Seems I've a few more options than I initially would have thought!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back