Gabe's 40B Build v2

gabrieltackitt

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2020
Messages
600
Reaction score
1,064
Location
Tulsa, OK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have decided to restart my current tank. I have learned a lot since I first set up my tank. It's been a year since I first started my tank. And the last few months have been a bit busy and I haven't been able to give the tank the attention that it needs. It was already having some issues with GHA and bubble algae, plus I had a powerhead die that contributed to a massive buildup of detritus that went unnoticed for a few months.

I will be doing my best to document my progress as I go, so here is a photo of what the tank looks like now.

IMG_1685.jpg


Current Occupants:
2 Ocellaris Clownfish
1 Bicolor Blenny
1 Royal Gramma
1 Coral Beauty Angelfish
1 Yellow Watchman Goby
1 Tiger Pistol Shrimp
Several various snails
Acid Wash Bubble Tip Anemone
Koji Wade Pink Nepthea

Ever since I started this tank, I have had a very difficult issue with keeping any coral alive for more than a month or so. The Pink Nepthea and BTA have done great but anything else I put in slowly dies. Zoas melt away, Acros RTN, Euphillia bail out. I have no idea why this has been happening. The nepthea has over doubled in size, and the BTA has definitely grown a lot, but nothing else stays alive.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new