Gabe's 40B Build v2

gabrieltackitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have decided to restart my current tank. I have learned a lot since I first set up my tank. It's been a year since I first started my tank. And the last few months have been a bit busy and I haven't been able to give the tank the attention that it needs. It was already having some issues with GHA and bubble algae, plus I had a powerhead die that contributed to a massive buildup of detritus that went unnoticed for a few months.

I will be doing my best to document my progress as I go, so here is a photo of what the tank looks like now.

IMG_1685.jpg

Current Occupants:
2 Ocellaris Clownfish
1 Bicolor Blenny
1 Royal Gramma
1 Coral Beauty Angelfish
1 Yellow Watchman Goby
1 Tiger Pistol Shrimp
Several various snails
Acid Wash Bubble Tip Anemone
Koji Wade Pink Nepthea

Ever since I started this tank, I have had a very difficult issue with keeping any coral alive for more than a month or so. The Pink Nepthea and BTA have done great but anything else I put in slowly dies. Zoas melt away, Acros RTN, Euphillia bail out. I have no idea why this has been happening. The nepthea has over doubled in size, and the BTA has definitely grown a lot, but nothing else stays alive.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back