Game of Thrones (Spoiler alert)

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dany's twist just doesn't work for me. She was always down to murder some folk, but she always had a reluctance to it. Now she just avoids the Red Keep with Cersei there to go out of her way to murder innocent people. I guess in the books this is setup more, but I didn't read the books so UGH

They ruined Brienne last week having her hook up with Jamie. They should've just knighted her and then had her die a heroic death during EP3. I thought the writers were doing something decent and having Jamie run down to King's Landing to try to talk sense into Cersei, but nope.

So after we established last week dragons are easily killed and scorpions are the greatest thing ever, she takes out King's Landing singlehandedly?! Did the ultra awesome Iron Fleet get off more than 3-4 scorpion shots?

Euron was a terrible character. How they went from Joffrey to Ramsey and then that cartoon from Pirates of the Caribbean..

I still love the show, but this last season stinks of the writers wanting to move on and do other things. There's no way all of this stuff should be wrapping up in this few episodes.

This sums up my thoughts:

And don't get me started on the writers working on a Star Wars trilogy. Ugh. Can't be worse than TLJ I guess

Mike.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dany's twist just doesn't work for me. She was always down to murder some folk, but she always had a reluctance to it. Now she just avoids the Red Keep with Cersei there to go out of her way to murder innocent people. I guess in the books this is setup more, but I didn't read the books so UGH

They ruined Brienne last week having her hook up with Jamie. They should've just knighted her and then had her die a heroic death during EP3. I thought the writers were doing something decent and having Jamie run down to King's Landing to try to talk sense into Cersei, but nope.

So after we established last week dragons are easily killed and scorpions are the greatest thing ever, she takes out King's Landing singlehandedly?! Did the ultra awesome Iron Fleet get off more than 3-4 scorpion shots?

Euron was a terrible character. How they went from Joffrey to Ramsey and then that cartoon from Pirates of the Caribbean..

I still love the show, but this last season stinks of the writers wanting to move on and do other things. There's no way all of this stuff should be wrapping up in this few episodes.

And don't get me started on the writers working on a Star Wars trilogy. Ugh. Can't be worse than TLJ I guess

Notice how long they took to reload this time? Unlike the rapid fire one that Euron had last week... GRRM wrote that a flying dragon had only been brought down once, in recorded history, by a projectile from the ground; and it was a one in a million shot.

Someone actually did the math on it, I don't have the link handy, but he said that bolt would have to be travelling at something like Mach 4, based on the dragon's altitude and distance.

Last edited:

ReefyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Totally agree with this, except I wouldn’t call it a “twist”. They have been dropping hints that she was jealous for awhile now, but I hoped the writers wouldn’t take the lazy and uninspired route of her just becoming another mad king/queen, sooo cliche. It would have been more a twist, if despite the numerous clues of her jealousy, she was able to pull out the fierce, but still just, Dany we’ve known the entire series despite the recent losses she suffered. Instead, all of a sudden one dragon can sack every harpoon in the fleet and the city (I had hoped they would have at least gave drogon some fierce looking dragon armor... but no, he just had his lucky rabbits foot that day because apparently noone can hit him), and her “madness gene” suddenly activates to take her from jealous to crazy at the chiming of some bells..

And for those saying she hadn’t gone crazy.. she was just “really upset”.. come on.. she took her time (a long time) to go through and burn down a city, row by row, as she watched men, women, and children, including her OWN people die screaming, when no one could fight back, and wouldn’t stop.. Now they never really showed her face, I don’t think, once the raging started, so unless she was up there crying and screaming at drogon to stop killing everyone because she lost control of him.. she has definitely gone completely off the deep end.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally agree with this, except I wouldn’t call it a “twist”. They have been dropping hints that she was jealous for awhile now, but I hoped the writers wouldn’t take the lazy and uninspired route of her just becoming another mad king/queen, sooo cliche. It would have been more a twist, if despite the numerous clues of her jealousy, she was able to pull out the fierce, but still just, Dany we’ve known the entire series despite the recent losses she suffered. Instead, all of a sudden one dragon can sack every harpoon in the fleet and the city (I had hoped they would have at least gave drogon some fierce looking dragon armor... but no, he just had his lucky rabbits foot that day because apparently noone can hit him), and her “madness gene” suddenly activates to take her from jealous to crazy at the chiming of some bells..

And for those saying she hadn’t gone crazy.. she was just “really upset”.. come on.. she took her time (a long time) to go through and burn down a city, row by row, as she watched men, women, and children, including her OWN people die screaming, when no one could fight back, and wouldn’t stop.. Now they never really showed her face, I don’t think, once the raging started, so unless she was up there crying and screaming at drogon to stop killing everyone because she lost control of him.. she has definitely gone completely off the deep end.
Maybe Drogon was being operated by Bran?

ReefyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe Drogon was being operated by Bran?

Whoa.

That would be awesome twist. I doubt the writers are going to try to verge off this very linear path they’ve been on all season though unfortunately, especially with only an hour left.

showmebutterfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cersei did not get the death that she deserved. She deserved to die horribly and less quickly. I hope Tyrion does not killed for letting Jaime free. I hate that The Hound died, but they let him go out in a pretty epic way, so I can deal with that. I'm still upset about little Lady Mormont. I'm can't imagine how they're going to wrap this up with just one more episode. I feel like it's likely to leave us hanging. Random thoughts.. in no particular order.

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Arya and Gendry’s baby is the next king. There will be a flash forward in the last episode. Mic drop...

Naw, it'll be Bran. He set this whole chain of events in motion just so he can sit on the iron throne. That three eyed raven is a devious fellow.

Someone will have to kill Dany now that she went crazy. Who knows how many people got the notes Varys sent out before he was finally arrested. Everyone will now know that Jon is the true heir to the iron throne, but he doesn't want it. I could see him being the queen slayer then killing himself or heading off to the north to avoid taking the throne himself.

See ya'll in 7 days... let's see how far off I end up being. Haha.

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Series should have been at least another 2-3 seasons. This season is crazy rushed and they are absolutely butchering so many characters.

- Dany goes nuts and all those seasons of not wanting to harm innocents and building an army mean absolutely jack. Turns out she could have just waltzed into KL (with three dragons, not just one) like four seasons ago.
- The Unsullied now commit war crimes
- Journeys that used to take three episodes are now taking a cut scene
- Jaime killed the Mad King to save civilians, then now he says he doesn't care about civilians. Not to mention the guy runs a marathon after being stabbed twice
- Euron swims like two miles while wearing armor and just happens to run into Jaime on the shore
- Many seasons of buildup and tension over the White Walkers and TNK, all finished in like 45 minutes
- If Samwell, Thormund and Brienne were just going to shove off after the fight with the dead, they shouldn't have resurrected them like seven times during the fighting
- Arya is this ****** trained assassin and when she finally is about to get her wish and meet Cersei, she just ups and leaves because she might die
- Cersei and Jaime die by a building collapsing on them. Really?
- The white horse... What? They must explain this in the next episode, otherwise, lol.

I mean I could go on and on, lol

Last edited:

Mike.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This basically sums up my thoughts nicely. Were she truly mad, she would have burned KL to the ground first, like she kind of wanted to, and then they could have gone and dealt with zombie palooza. But she listened to reason, and sacrificed A LOT to try doing it the right way. If she razed the city to the ground first, she may well still have all three dragons, a much bigger army, and the love of the people, for saving them from, you know, undeath. The knowledge of which Cersei squashed.

Again, was it messed up? Totes. Was it madness, the like of her father's? Not sold on that at all.

Screenshot_20190513-123409_Flipboard.jpg

Mike.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naw, it'll be Bran. He set this whole chain of events in motion just so he can sit on the iron throne. That three eyed raven is a devious fellow.

Someone will have to kill Dany now that she went crazy. Who knows how many people got the notes Varys sent out before he was finally arrested. Everyone will now know that Jon is the true heir to the iron throne, but he doesn't want it. I could see him being the queen slayer then killing himself or heading off to the north to avoid taking the throne himself.

See ya'll in 7 days... let's see how far off I end up being. Haha.

Well, you say that...

zwevhjtmfjx21.jpg

Mike.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You know what's funny? A source apparently came forth with the information that HBO threw their wallet at D&D, and said we don't care, make the final season ten episodes, still of any running length you want. We don't care, do it right.

And they were like, lol, meh... We got this. Hold my beer.

U

User1

View Badges
I'm probably going to be odd man out here but I'm a bit disappointed so far with this season. The main reason is it feels rushed. The writers bring various characters inner conflict to the front only to push them back, jump to something epic, and never put closure on display. So yeah - to me it is rush and not as enjoyable but alas that is my issue ;)

Mike.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm probably going to be odd man out here but I'm a bit disappointed so far with this season. The main reason is it feels rushed. The writers bring various characters inner conflict to the front only to push them back, jump to something epic, and never put closure on display. So yeah - to me it is rush and not as enjoyable but alas that is my issue ;)

You're not the odd man out. I loved Episode 5, but the way they're wrapping up this most epic of shows is hot garbage.

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know what's funny? A source apparently came forth with the information that HBO threw their wallet at D&D, and said we don't care, make the final season ten episodes, still of any running length you want. We don't care, do it right.

And they were like, lol, meh... We got this. Hold my beer.

There's no way HBO wants to make it shorter, that makes no sense. The writers are lined up to do a Star Wars trilogy and it seems they are throwing G0T under the bus to get started on that.

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You're not the only one

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back