Game of Thrones (Spoiler alert)

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Her self awareness isn't exactly strong when she clicks into kill mode, though. She might be aware of the consequences of inflicting fear. But once she starts... she certainly isn't thinking about the outcome. It's just impulse and rage and "madness."

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Her self awareness isn't exactly strong when she clicks into kill mode, though. She might be aware of the consequences of inflicting fear. But once she starts... she certainly isn't thinking about the outcome.

not to belabor the point, but kill mode is more or less a momentary lapse. madness can't just be switched on and off

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She's had the Targaryen Madness ever since she started accumulating power in the east. Only her advisors have been able to temper her impulses. Her obsession continued to grow untill the point where the people no longer mater, her "destiny" to rule is all that matters.

And now that Varys has informed people about Jon, she knows the only way to take the throne is through fear. Surrender wouldn't last long once more and more people learn the truth. No one around her would be able to convince her otherwise. So she goes into "burn them all" mode.

She's simply given in to the obsession and the dark impulses that has controlled her since day one. I think it's certainly madness.

She has definitely had some subpar impulses, but has she ever openly pondered just leveling an entire city full of innocents? I'm coming around to her building into the Mad Queen thing, I probably should've rewatched the previous seasons before this one since it has been so long, but it sure feels quite sudden.

They did give her a few things that might upset someone. Jorah dead, 2 of 3 dragons dead, Tyrion screwing up constantly, Jon not loving her the way she loves him, Sansa and Tormund continuing to refer to Jon as King and true leader, Varys betraying her, Missande dead. The problem I have with it is we didn't really see her getting to that point. Obviously she was upset about losing some of them (some totally her fault), but man. Sure seems like leveling a city was kind of taking it out on the wrong people there. I mean if Cersei and Jamie didn't get randomly trapped in, they would've escaped. The person mainly responsible for chopping off Missande's head just wanders out the back door while she's mowing down children in the streets.

My bigger issues with this season are how they've destroyed the arc of several characters. Jamie?! Redeeming himself for forever at this point, then last minute I thought oh he's going down there to talk Cersei into surrendering or something. Nope, goes back to her after everything. Brienne, awesome finale to her story when she gets knighted (by the aforementioned redeemed Jamie no less) then gets the d and ends up crying in the street as Jamie ditches her. wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwtf

And week to week we don't really know how powerful anything is. One week Euron is nailing dragons with several scorpions in a row, this week the entire fleet is there along with them all over the walls and nothing. She didn't need an army, just one dragon and she can take out this awesome Iron Fleet. And don't get me started on the Golden Company. lol.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She has definitely had some subpar impulses, but has she ever openly pondered just leveling an entire city full of innocents? I'm coming around to her building into the Mad Queen thing, I probably should've rewatched the previous seasons before this one since it has been so long, but it sure feels quite sudden.

They did give her a few things that might upset someone. Jorah dead, 2 of 3 dragons dead, Tyrion screwing up constantly, Jon not loving her the way she loves him, Sansa and Tormund continuing to refer to Jon as King and true leader, Varys betraying her, Missande dead. The problem I have with it is we didn't really see her getting to that point. Obviously she was upset about losing some of them (some totally her fault), but man. Sure seems like leveling a city was kind of taking it out on the wrong people there. I mean if Cersei and Jamie didn't get randomly trapped in, they would've escaped. The person mainly responsible for chopping off Missande's head just wanders out the back door while she's mowing down children in the streets.

My bigger issues with this season are how they've destroyed the arc of several characters. Jamie?! Redeeming himself for forever at this point, then last minute I thought oh he's going down there to talk Cersei into surrendering or something. Nope, goes back to her after everything. Brienne, awesome finale to her story when she gets knighted (by the aforementioned redeemed Jamie no less) then gets the d and ends up crying in the street as Jamie ditches her. wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwtf

And week to week we don't really know how powerful anything is. One week Euron is nailing dragons with several scorpions in a row, this week the entire fleet is there along with them all over the walls and nothing. She didn't need an army, just one dragon and she can take out this awesome Iron Fleet. And don't get me started on the Golden Company. lol.
Lol I agree, do tell us your opinion of the gold company please hahah. :D;Hilarious

U

User1

View Badges
I agree he hasn’t really done anything. Unless the final episode features him in a big way I feel the writers got very lazy as mentioned. It felt well-planned out for something.

When is Arya going to use her faceless skills (in a way where we don’t just suspect she “may” have?

What of the dire wolves? Particularly Arya’s she found in the forest with the pack? Is that really just a waste of a scene? I figured it might be relevant some time but we are running out of time.

So many questions and seemingly irrelevant characters/scenes...

Like Jon calling out to ghost when he was stabbed to death a few seasons back? There was always the hit of a shape changer or other form of morph.

There are a lot of loose ends that never got closed properly which is the main disappointment for me anyway. Then again I guess I sort of expected this knowing how the author writes 10 chapters to describe someting in detail. There just isn't that time for cinima I guess at the end of the day. Still, no pass. Season 8 is lazy and fast and I still think the battle of the jerks was the better with regards to filming. Whatever they are doing this season with the ambient or lack of ambient lighting is just silly.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think the issue is, in previous seasons they actually SHOWED us her walking, and sometimes crossing, that line. But this (and last) season has been so rushed that its mainly just been talked about.

Insert 'late-night-infomercial-voice': "No Dany! Theres got to be a better way!"

It's been built up for a long while but they're just plowing though the story now and a lot of the characters details are getting lost in the rush to finish the show.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I agree, do tell us your opinion of the gold company please hahah. :D;Hilarious

lol, I mean at least the Iron Fleet wrecked Dany's army at sea twice. The Golden Company (OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH) lasted all of 10 seconds when the battle started lol. In their defense, dragons got buffed between episodes so they're op now.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the issue is, in previous seasons they actually SHOWED us her walking, and sometimes crossing, that line. But this (and last) season has been so rushed that its mainly just been talked about.

Insert 'late-night-infomercial-voice': "No Dany! There got to be a better way!"

It's been built up for a long while but they're just plowing though the story now and a lot of the characters details are getting lost in the rush to finish the show.

Yeah, I was reading someone else's take on another board and they said the show didn't need 2 more whole seasons, but the 6~ or so episodes that were cut would've been massively helpful. Gives them time to turn Dany into a monster rather than this flip of a switch. The entire thing stinks of the writers wanting to move on and do that Confederacy show, not to mention doing an entire trilogy of Star Wars. This last season is going to be summed up as the starbucks coffee cup.

I guess I should've seen it coming because there was just no way they could wrap up the war with the Night King and resolve the Iron Throne properly in 6 episodes no matter how long they are. Still such a bummer because this is the most epic tv series of all time IMO.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, I mean at least the Iron Fleet wrecked Dany's army at sea twice. The Golden Company (OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH) lasted all of 10 seconds when the battle started lol. In their defense, dragons got buffed between episodes so they're op now.
They did seem to hype up how OP the gold company was lol. They got owned pretty quick.

Mike.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They did seem to hype up how OP the gold company was lol. They got owned pretty quick.

I mean, a modern infantry batallion is pretty OP... Until you drop a daisy cutter on it, when it has no anti air coverage. That was basically the equivalent. lol. If only they had their elephants.

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree that it feels rushed. Theres no way they can adequately wrap it up in a 1 hour episode, would expect there to be a lot of loose ends. Still, one of the best shows.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In any event this season was all about the money instead of a well though out final season

I feel the writers got very lazy as mentioned

It would be nice to see it go out with more thought.

I guess I should've seen it coming because there was just no way they could wrap up the war with the Night King and resolve the Iron Throne properly in 6 episodes no matter how long they are. Still such a bummer because this is the most epic tv series of all time IMO.
This season was written by HBO writers and not by the original GOT author and it shows.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly it feels like a bunch of people are having sour grapes about the final season when there's an inherent problem of a TV show based on an epic story having to be wrapped up.
It's like complaining about something being subpar when you know full well that it will be subpar. Complaining about McDonalds not being prime rib when you know full well the ingredients and constraints going in. I'm not saying "don't complain," but I am saying, instead, at least show that you know what you were expecting going in instead of pretending like we all got bamboozled. Nobody should have gotten bamboozled.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly it feels like a bunch of people are having sour grapes about the final season when there's an inherent problem of a TV show based on an epic story having to be wrapped up.
It's like complaining about something being subpar when you know full well that it will be subpar. Complaining about McDonalds not being prime rib when you know full well the ingredients and constraints going in. I'm not saying "don't complain," but I am saying, instead, at least show that you know what you were expecting going in instead of pretending like we all got bamboozled. Nobody should have gotten bamboozled.
I felt with the epic nature of the series it would have a more epic conclusion.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much more epic can it be than to have everybody get killed and the dragon destroying King's Landing :):);)....remember it is a TV show....you can only do so much lol. Only one more episode left....still time for some unexpected twists though.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much more epic can it be than to have everybody get killed and the dragon destroying King's Landing :):);)....remember it is a TV show....you can only do so much lol. Only one more episode left....still time for some unexpected twists though.
I guess I’m used to movies where they don’t build characters up or have entire seasons building characters up for what ends up being no reason.

It’s a great show, just frustrating — but let’s face it, that’s nothing new.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very rushed ending. Listen we had what 4 seasons to build up to the war with the army of the dead, then it was a quick 1 episode fight. Really?

4 seasons of Danny building up to the fight of her life in KL, then a simple 1 episode fight, come on really?

Very rushed and leaves quite a bit of open ended stories.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back