Game of Thrones (Spoiler alert)

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I’m used to movies where they don’t build characters up or have entire seasons building characters up for what ends up being no reason.

It’s a great show, just frustrating — but let’s face it, that’s nothing new.

It just feels rushed, and lazy writing, where they try to put lipstick on the pig with CGI.
It happens a lot to be sure, but I think everyone's expectations were higher for this show.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree it is so rushed.
The hole build up of Bran and Three eyed Raven and he did nothing. I thought he would at least figure out how to kill the night king. This built up character for nothing, that was the turning point for me.
If Arya does not kill Daenerys this whole faceless assassin thing will be a joke too.

Obviously they had other plans for these people, you do not build these characters up for years just to do nothing with them.. I do not get wanting to rush and end the show so fast when it was doing well. Finish what you started. It like watching a supermen movie and seeing him develop his super powers to just go out and be a farmer.

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very rushed ending. Listen we had what 4 seasons to build up to the war with the army of the dead, then it was a quick 1 episode fight. Really?

4 seasons of Danny building up to the fight of her life in KL, then a simple 1 episode fight, come on really?

Very rushed and leaves quite a bit of open ended stories.

It's kind of like Harrison Ford in the Star Wars reboots... he didn't want to stick around so they had to kill him off in episode 7.

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree it is so rushed.
The hole build up of Bran and Three eyed Raven and he did nothing. I thought he would at least figure out how to kill the night king. This built up character for nothing, that was the turning point for me.
If Arya does not kill Daenerys this whole faceless assassin thing will be a joke too.

Obviously they had other plans for these people, you do not build these characters up for years just to do nothing with them.. I do not get wanting to rush and end the show so fast when it was doing well. Finish what you started. It like watching a supermen movie and seeing him develop his super powers to just go out and be a farmer.

I didn't start watching Game of Thrones until Season 7 was finished (I binge watched all 7 seasons). So for me... there were so many loose ends that I just wanted tied up, I don't mind what's happening with Season 8. It's kind of like getting an "epilogue" to a series that was already complete (by virtue of being an epic story, always new places and people introduced, new plot lines etc). Of course, I would love for there to be 10 more seasons. But there's outside constraints like actors/actresses and people in general. It can't go on forever, as much as people want more. There are so many hours of footage in a single season, it's like shooting multiple movies.

Rcpilot

Addicted to LPS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was really upset that Cersei and Jamie were allowed to die in each other's arms. Where was Arya with a new face and her sword "Needle"????? Somebody should have killed Cersie. She deserved to die a gruesome death, after watching her antics for 8 seasons.

The Hound and the Mountain fight scene was a useless waste of time. That scene didn't need to be in the movie. They could have used that time to set up the murder of Cersei.

.. and Euron killing Jaime? PUUHLEASE!!!! That was one of the most ridiculous scenes of the entire series.

Dany can never sit in the throne now. Not after burning the city like a crazy person. Who will kill her? Jon? Arya?

The battle wasnt "epic" or "cenematicly brilliant" or anything impressive. The battle tactics were all wrong. The defenses around Winterfell were horrible. Who puts the ballistas IN FRONT OF the foot soldiers? Those should have been behind the fire trenches. Who sends in the cavalry 1st? They should have gone after the 2nd wave of foot soldiers. Why didn't Jon or Dany use the dragons to light the trenches? What the heck were they doing... flying around aimlessly?

I'm disgusted with this season. I'll watch the final episode... but I kinda just want it to be over now. The writers really got lazy with this last season.

ReefyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree it is so rushed.

I totally agree with the fact this season was rushed and the last episode basically burned down 4 seasons of character development along with King’s Landing.. however, I do think both Bran and Arya have served their purposes in the storyline.

Arya already used the faceless assassin thing when she killed Frey (the one who killed her mother, brother, etc) in the great hall where the blood wedding happened. She also got to whoop up on a bunch of night walkers and take out the Night King with her skills so i’d say she should feel pretty accomplished.

Bran’s whole story was more about becoming the three eyed raven, and what that meant. After seeing his long journey to become the raven, he finally acquired all the memories and history of the human race, and his only job as the raven was to protect that information (basically, not die). The night king knew to truly defeat the living, he would need to erase their history/memories, which is why Bran was his target. It was subtle at times, but Bran was constantly using his ability to put himself or others (or objects) in the right place at the right time, so a sequence of events could unfold to lead to a possible victory. He also was the only one who could testify to previously unwitnessed events.

I don’t expect much from either of them in the final episode, other than they may die since there stories seem played out. We’ve still got to wrap up Jon, Dany, Sanza, Tyrion, Grey Worm, Brianne, Braun, etc..?, with just an hour left. I’d be surprised if they squeezed in more content for Arya and Bran too, other than a quick death or quick ‘they lived happily ever after’.

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So any final predictions? Dany executes Tyrion with a dragon? Arya kills Dany with Needle? Jon is king and inherits a dragon :D.

U

User1

View Badges
Dany can never sit in the throne now. Not after burning the city like a crazy person. Who will kill her? Jon? Arya?

Jon won't.

Arya - I'd wager 75% chance does it.

Twist in the writing is that she steps aside, realizes that Jon is the right ruler for the time. The reluctant king, by necessity, because he doesn't want it but has been groomed all his life for it. Ned treated him like a family member from day one and taught him the proper way to rule, what power does, and how if you make a decision that you and you alone need to carry out. Not pass on to an executioner. This way you know the cause and effect.

Sadly I'd wager none of this happens in the next 60 to 70 minute conclusion. I am enjoying Blacklist again though so this is good.

Where is Jack Bauer when you need him!

DanConnor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dany has to die.

There's no way around it. Or everyone else will.

I suppose she could fly off on the dragon over the horizon

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get where people are saying the writing was lazy, and a lot of the main story lines aren't being/might not be used (like the Raven, Arya's many faces, etc.). It is a long show though which spanned 8 seasons.....they can't tie every storyline in for every character and try to tie it to the ending. There are WAY too many characters for that to be possible. Sometimes these story lines just help develop the character. How many people spend years and years in college and never use their degree?? Yeah, I know.....bad example but you get my point lol. I will agree it does seem a little rushed....they could have easily went another season.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still imagine a scene where Dany tries to execute John via Drogon, because greyworm saw him disobey Dany’s orders. (When invading kings landing)

Then either Drogon refuses due to John being a Targaryen, or John walks out of the flames.

U

User1

View Badges
The other nigh at dinner we had a discussion about this interesting enough. But along with this it was also about Jamie coming back. It would actually be a good option for the writers being kingslayer and all while also revenging for the destruction of their city, etc.

Still not sure how the chess pieces are going to fall. Will Danny be humble and instead of killing those who betrayed or failed her again at the last minute and exile them (Jon and Tyrion) or will she try and kill / punish them. Which brings me back to Jamie doing the right thing.

Then again what about all of those ravens? The information super highway of GoT - just where did our fine feathered friends go and who read the messages....

PYRU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still imagine a scene where Dany tries to execute John via Drogon, because greyworm saw him disobey Dany’s orders. (When invading kings landing)

Then either Drogon refuses due to John being a Targaryen, or John walks out of the flames.

That would be ******. I have a feeling its going to be lackluster though.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are we going to start to place bets on how she dies, LOL!!!:D

PYRU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are we going to start to place bets on how she dies, LOL!!!:D

I'm game. I thinking its unexpected maybe sansa? Sucks because she's my favorite character. Emilia has done a great job imo

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm game. I thinking its unexpected maybe sansa? Sucks because she's my favorite character. Emilia has done a great job imo
Actually, I think you may be right, LOL!!!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 28 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back