Garrett's 80 Gallon Shallow Reef Build

The frags i placed in the tank on 2/27 are still alive and show no signs of distress. I am going through a slight diatom bloom at the moment so holding off on full transfer for at least a few more days. I was able to score two MP10's for a heck of a deal so those are going on the tank. I'm thinking I should be able to complete the transfer from my 40 breeder on Sunday or mid next week.

IMAG0447.jpg


IMAG0445.jpg
 
Yellow tang has been added to the system. I couldn't get any good pics as they were pretty shy last night and hiding in the rock work. diatoms are slowly receding.
 
Diatoms are 95% gone in my system. I will update with pics once I get home from work and the lights are on. Tomorrow is the day where I'll transfer everything from my 40 into 'The Beast'. Lots of pictures to come.
 
Everything has been transferred successfully and appears to be enjoying the new system. Its been a little cloudy for the past couple days but im hoping that will clear up soon.

IMAG0463.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new