Gasket material. This should be ok? Shadow overflow box

FishPersonFL

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
544
Reaction score
165
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi.
i found this runber sheet to cut to make a gasket. Im hoping this works. I guess best way to cut is carefully with scossors (?). I blade im thinking id more easily make a mistake.
 
What kind of rubber is it? Are you sure it won't leech anything into the water?
Personally, I'd either just buy a new bulkhead with gasket or jump on Amazon and buy a gasket.
Peace of mind > saving a few bucks.
 
shadow-overflow-replacement-gasket-kit

Check this out. Also call them to problem solve your leak.
I used the original that came with the overflow and spare shadow gaskets.. I have 8 total from an extra shadow. theya re not workign.. I was going to call if this gasket material I havfe now doesnt work
I'm also trying to find out the materials in the rubber gasket sheet I have now
EdiT, i probably will call .. might as well, possibly they do have a simple fix and I dont even need to use the gasket sheet.. call wont hurt
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new