G'day from Australia :)

dvlpr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

New to the hobby - got my first every freshwater tank just over a year ago (actually my daughter received a small betta tank for her birthday, then she quickly lost interest, I took over and ended up with a Juwel RIO 240 stocked with various fish and live plants). Now that the initial phase of being overwhelmed by the whole thing is over, I started looking at marine tanks at my LFS and have fallen for them. Thus, I've put up my tank for sale and as soon as it sells, I'm planning on buying either a Red Sea 425 XL or an EA ReefPro 1200S and starting afresh, but at a different level of complexity.

Have been reading many threads here and decided to join, seeing I'll be reading more and then probably starting to ask questions.

See you around :)

20200215_164457.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
G'day Mate from across the Globe !!!

welcome56.jpg

OP
OP
dvlpr

dvlpr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Will definitely start a "my build" thread once I am ready! My first step will be to reinforce my floor a bit - will run an additional 90mm beam alongside existing joists, but need the current tank gone first to take the pressure off. That may even allow me to go larger than 425XL... My reasoning is, I'll only have one tank in the house, so might as well go as large as I can. That's the general gist I've been seeing here on the forums too.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 67 32.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back