OP
yanni

yanni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

Glad you joined and looking forward to hearing about your successes as all that research you have been doing will pay off HUGE!
I'm so excited....the research is so fun, so I can't wait to do the actual reefing hahaha. Like a rabbit hole, I'm so excited. Filled out a whole notebook on notes and things I've studied and researched. This has been a childhood dream of mine!

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can probably guess by the title, I'm a 19yo new reefer from Australia! 6 month lurker, and slowly setting up my nano tank! Very excited to begin after tedious months of research, but excited nonetheless! Looking forward to meeting some fellow reefers!! :p
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@yanni ... Love the name ... great namesake.... too bad you are not the OG, I'd ask you for an autograph. LOL
Remember that nano tanks are very challenging, things happen very fast in a nano. Think of a big tank like a cruise ship, it takes a long time to turn south. The nano is like a jet ski.
Get an ATO, monitor your parameters and take your time. It will teach you patience .... you can play some Yanni and chill....
Tru Tv Ep811 GIF by truTV’s Impractical Jokers

OP
OP
yanni

yanni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@yanni ... Love the name ... great namesake.... too bad you are not the OG, I'd ask you for an autograph. LOL
Remember that nano tanks are very challenging, things happen very fast in a nano. Think of a big tank like a cruise ship, it takes a long time to turn south. The nano is like a jet ski.
Get an ATO, monitor your parameters and take your time. It will teach you patience .... you can play some Yanni and chill....
Tru Tv Ep811 GIF by truTV’s Impractical Jokers
Yeah I've heard a lot about the unpredictability of nano's. Planning on taking it slowly and cautiously, as someone wise once said, nothing good happens in a reef tank over night.

Maybe I can get you in contact with the real Yanni for an autograph :D

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As you can probably guess by the title, I'm a 19yo new reefer from Australia! 6 month lurker, and slowly setting up my nano tank! Very excited to begin after tedious months of research, but excited nonetheless! Looking forward to meeting some fellow reefers!! :p
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Glad to hear you're taking it slowly. Most of us (yes, me) don't/didn't take it slow enough. This is a great place to learn, ask questions, and get information as you go along. Do your build thread and get the nifty badge for it!

OP
OP
yanni

yanni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Glad to hear you're taking it slowly. Most of us (yes, me) don't/didn't take it slow enough. This is a great place to learn, ask questions, and get information as you go along. Do your build thread and get the nifty badge for it!
Hahaha, I understand the excitement may get the better of me, but I’ve gotta be cautious and take it slow. The delayed gratification will be very much worth it. As soon as I start putting it together, my build thread will be up and going!

OP
OP
yanni

yanni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
It’s been great! I’ve put out a lot of question threads for my questions, so I’m starting to feel quite good about it all! But knowing if I have any questions, I can ask, is a great feeling:))

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back