OP
OP
A

aizhawaii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would skip the metroplex, it is only effective against anerobic bacteria (internal) so any external issue would not be treated by this drug, as any bacteria on the outside of the fish is aerobic, since it it bathed in seawater that has oxygen in it, so that type of bacteria will not grow there.
Thank you Jay

OP
OP
A

aizhawaii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would skip the metroplex, it is only effective against anerobic bacteria (internal) so any external issue would not be treated by this drug, as any bacteria on the outside of the fish is aerobic, since it it bathed in seawater that has oxygen in it, so that type of bacteria will not grow there.
I started neoplex. Do I have to add the corresponding amount when I do a water change? I started seeing ammonia creep up to 0.25. Did a 90% water change before medication.

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I suggest that you go to petco and get 2 20gal tanks and 2 10gal tanks, 2 cheap heaters, 2 Tidal 55 HOB filters and a bucket of Seachem Matrix. This is roughly $200... a fraction of the cost of that gem tang. Wrasse and mandarins get the Hybrid TTM method followed by 2 weeks of prazi and everything else gets 2 weeks of 2.25ppm copper power and 2 weeks of prazi.

Never trust a LFS. They use copper to keep them alive. They will tell you anything to get you to purchase a fish for $800 that they paid $250 for. An "observation period" is not a Quarantine protocol. I'd let your main go fallow and TTM the wrasse. I hope he makes it...

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started neoplex. Do I have to add the corresponding amount when I do a water change? I started seeing ammonia creep up to 0.25. Did a 90% water change before medication.
Hopefully, the ammonia won't rise too high. Do you have any seeded filter media that you can move over to this tank to control the ammonia?

Adding Neoplex to offset any removed during water changes is tricky to calculate, it is more of a guess, no way to tell how much of the neoplex is still active.

Jay

OP
OP
A

aizhawaii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suggest that you go to petco and get 2 20gal tanks and 2 10gal tanks, 2 cheap heaters, 2 Tidal 55 HOB filters and a bucket of Seachem Matrix. This is roughly $200... a fraction of the cost of that gem tang. Wrasse and mandarins get the Hybrid TTM method followed by 2 weeks of prazi and everything else gets 2 weeks of 2.25ppm copper power and 2 weeks of prazi.

Never trust a LFS. They use copper to keep them alive. They will tell you anything to get you to purchase a fish for $800 that they paid $250 for. An "observation period" is not a Quarantine protocol. I'd let your main go fallow and TTM the wrasse. I hope he makes it...
Thank you. I have two 20g QT tanks and Gem Tank is in one and 2 clowns in another one. Wrasse is still in DT. May be I could treat wrasse with prazi in the DT no copper though. I have only few snails in DT no corals yet.

OP
OP
A

aizhawaii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully, the ammonia won't rise too high. Do you have any seeded filter media that you can move over to this tank to control the ammonia?

Adding Neoplex to offset any removed during water changes is tricky to calculate, it is more of a guess, no way to tell how much of the neoplex is still active.

Jay

OP
OP
A

aizhawaii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ammonia is fine now. I have a badge that is showing yellow. Will add some Fluval pre-filter seeded with bacteria which I have in stock. Hope that will give me some time. How long does the treatment should last? The fish appears much better. He might still have flukes as he twitches. There is something on his fins. Should I administer prazi after Neoplex?

Attachments

• 20240212_170459.jpg
    20240212_170459.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 20240212_170711.jpg
    20240212_170711.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 41

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ammonia is fine now. I have a badge that is showing yellow. Will add some Fluval pre-filter seeded with bacteria which I have in stock. Hope that will give me some time. How long does the treatment should last? The fish appears much better. He might still have flukes as he twitches. There is something on his fins. Should I administer prazi after Neoplex?
The Neoplex should have instructions on the box, I’m thinking every seven days for three treatments. You may need to run prazi during this time.

Jay

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you. I have two 20g QT tanks and Gem Tank is in one and 2 clowns in another one. Wrasse is still in DT. May be I could treat wrasse with prazi in the DT no copper though. I have only few snails in DT no corals yet.
I'd be worried that there is velvet and ick in there too. I used to not Quarantine. I had over 20 fish and bought a powder blue tang. 7 weeks later they were all dead within 24 hours.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back