Georgia natives?

Nachopapa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is only one in Savannah and it used to be very good, has swapped over to more reptiles than aquatics. Exotic Underworlds. The old owner and his sons worked with me for a decade on my tanks.

Orlando is a short 4 hour drive for an amazing store - top shelf aquatics.

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R
High Five Boom GIF by TipsyElves.com

mckinney0171

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone!

Already joined few weeks ago.

Thinking of moving to Georgia from Cali.

Just wanted to know if there are any local Savannah residents here. Beautiful city btw.

I don't see any local fish stores in the area worth checking out..I think like two that have horrible reviews... How do you guys get your corals and such other than online vendors?

thank you!
We’re in Richmond Hill. Not many great options for LFS here. There are a couple but I buy my livestock online.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
TopClamSkoo

TopClamSkoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is only one in Savannah and it used to be very good, has swapped over to more reptiles than aquatics. Exotic Underworlds. The old owner and his sons worked with me for a decade on my tanks.

Orlando is a short 4 hour drive for an amazing store - top shelf aquatics.
Yeah .. I heard about that store... Too bad.
I believe its kinda near me. I'm over at Georgetown. Or I own property there that I'm thinking of moving into and not going thru with renting the house out.

Wow!!! No way! Top shelf is in Florida??!??

Man what the heck?! How come all the best stores are in Florida? Used to be so cal in the late 90s early 2000s. I guess southerners appreciate the hobby more than us yanks lol!

I'm still shocked how there are no stores in Pooler or any of the newer towns in Savannah!! Like I said.. I wish I had some capital to start a store out there.. question is.. will the locals get into it?

Hmmm..

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In GA nw of Atlanta. Atlanta Reef Club is our local forum. We have members that live a few hours away as well. It can be worth making the trip from Savannah for our meetings/frag swaps for some killer local deals. Or just putting together deals on our forum and making a trip. I'm sure we have members that can guide you in the right direction for any stores closer to the area as well.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Athens here and welcome too our fair state
Savanah will have no reef shops but your restaurants will make up for it

Atlanta is rich in quality shops and the Atlanta Reef Club has Georgia wide representation

best of luck

and avoid these…

467526EB-B7BF-4976-9B85-0418597372AF.jpeg

The_Skrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Georgia here, but I’m in North GA. I can’t help point you to Savannah LFSs but I can say that Savannah is probably GA’s most beautiful city. The entire downtown is all historic houses. I’m a SCAD alum and really loved it there when I lived out that way.
I live up in North GA now and we have the Atlanta Reef Club which meets for frag swaps every couple of months. We have a great forum for discussing reefing as well as buying and selling frags and equipment. It’s worth checking out and i bet someone there lives further south who can help point you in the right direction. Atlanta hosts a few conferences and events every year. Lots of reef stores up here as well.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 61 38.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back