Getting a BTA soon, tips?

  • Thread starter Thread starter aKlevans
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

aKlevans

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2017
Messages
554
Reaction score
565
Location
NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
My tank is about 5 1/2 months old and I am looking to get a BTA.
I've basically put no corals on one side of my tank in case the anemone were to move. I also found a little crevice that I think might help the BTA to stay in place.
I plan on getting filter guards for my powerheads.

What is everything I need to know?
 
Hello everyone,
My tank is about 5 1/2 months old and I am looking to get a BTA.
I've basically put no corals on one side of my tank in case the anemone were to move. I also found a little crevice that I think might help the BTA to stay in place.
I plan on getting filter guards for my powerheads.

What is everything I need to know?
Can't embed the video from my phone but Marc made a nice video on them:

 
I have found that my BTA likes to be high and close to the light.

He seems to react well to a few soft anemone pellets fed bi weekly.

They definitely don't like power heads or fluctuations in water parameters of any kind.

They definitely like a crevice where they can wedge their foot, but also a space to retreat into. Mine will poo the day after I feed him and he will retract right into his little cave to do so.

The other thing I found was all of the spots I thought were good, the nem moved after being there either a few days or a few weeks. Where he finally settled is where he wanted to be, not where I put him.

Main thing is keeping them happy and healthy and a good light.

Good luck and post some pics when you get it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new