Getting back into fish keeping

Lisalyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I’m getting back into the hobby after over 10 years away and am super excited to see all the changes and how much info is available! Unfortunately I’m now totally drowning in info. Hoping for some suggestions/help. With my kids now out of the house I’m finally able to turn my 25’ x 10’ basement into the fish world I’ve dreamed of. I don’t know if I should do a couple big tanks or a bunch of small/medium tanks. The only requirements I have are certain species I really want to have: hippo blue tang, mandarin dragonet, seahorse, clownfish with anemone. I know the first 3 are tricky, but they are the reason I started my first saltwater tank over 30 years ago. I appreciate any suggestions on how to set the area up.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard.

I am planning a “peaceful” tank with seahorses. There is a whole section with good study material within R2R for just seahorses and pipe fish. Suggest you start there. Also Alyssa’s Seahorse Saavy is a good website and there are others but finding that not all of them are active.

OP
OP
Lisalyn

Lisalyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#reefsquad thanks so much for the pics! I notice that in your 530usg tank you have several varieties of tangs. Everything I’ve read, and all of the how to videos I’ve watched, say if more than one is in a tank they’ll fight. I see the same about angelfish, butterflies, and clowns, yet I see multiples of them repeatedly in large, over 300usg, tanks. I’m totally confused.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 61.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 84 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 42 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 65 27.2%
Back