Getting back into hobby after 7 yrs

Tanyat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone!

My name is Tanya and my husband and I are looking to get back into the hobby. We used to be heavily involved while we lived in FL. I was a member of a Tampa Bay Reefers. It was a lot of fun and really miss it. So we now own our house up in NH and find there isnt much resouces as there was in FL. But anyway we are going to get back into hobby, but not as much as we were before. We had a 125g setup and I also had a dwarf seahorse set up which is my avatar pic :) We are are really wanting to get a all in one really wanted to Innovative Marine 30L. or something similar. We are going to slowly get all supplies we need/want. I look forwarded to getting to know you and see your wonderful setups.

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and back to the reef life

D522171D-184C-473E-8353-080309EB6BCD.jpeg

Max!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone!

My name is Tanya and my husband and I are looking to get back into the hobby. We used to be heavily involved while we lived in FL. I was a member of a Tampa Bay Reefers. It was a lot of fun and really miss it. So we now own our house up in NH and find there isnt much resouces as there was in FL. But anyway we are going to get back into hobby, but not as much as we were before. We had a 125g setup and I also had a dwarf seahorse set up which is my avatar pic :) We are are really wanting to get a all in one really wanted to Innovative Marine 30L. or something similar. We are going to slowly get all supplies we need/want. I look forwarded to getting to know you and see your wonderful setups.
If you were looking for cake you came to the right place. WE HAVE CAKE. Welcome to r2r!

If you have the patience and truly want to go slow to get the best deals you can - the marketplace on this forum can be a gold mine.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome back!!! Let us know how we can help as you transition back into the hobby. This is a really neat community here on R2R!

OP
OP
Tanyat

Tanyat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! Yes we will be going slow. Does anyone have opinions on best all in one? Should we go as small as 30l? I like shallow. I dont like deep. :)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks everyone! Yes we will be going slow. Does anyone have opinions on best all in one? Should we go as small as 30l? I like shallow. I dont like deep. :)

Shallow and deep are relative so you may have to clarify. 30g is very reasonable, but I'm sure that you already know that more water volume usually equals more stability. Your choice of corals will also help to determine how shallow and how much volume. Do you just want to work with frags? Do you want to grow out softies? Do you want to have LPS corals?

OP
OP
Tanyat

Tanyat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very true. Yes I dont want to go to small. I'd like to do a little bit of everything maybe not everything. I dont think there is a tank big enough for that. :) I just dont think I want to go as big as 125g again. 125 I felt was to tall. Probably because I'm so short :p

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very true. Yes I dont want to go to small. I'd like to do a little bit of everything maybe not everything. I dont think there is a tank big enough for that. :) I just dont think I want to go as big as 125g again. 125 I felt was to tall. Probably because I'm so short :p

IM Nuvo Fusion Pro tanks also include a 40g and 50g AIO. Another option would be to go with a 40g breeder tank.

HunterW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone!

Hi Tanya, back in the salt after alot more years. Lived in St.Pete, so I get. it.Welcome.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back