Getting back into the hobby

  • Thread starter Thread starter plopezmd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

plopezmd

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2019
Messages
37
Reaction score
137
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard and read many great things about this website community. After a 4 year break from salt water aquariums, I have started a new adventure with corals. I purchased some used equipment, tank and stand with the hope of taking all of my "learning failures" from the past and finally having a reef tank setup. I have a 40g breeder with a 15g sump. Technology has changed quite a bit from 4 years ago, and is much better "budget friendly" than the past. The tank has been running for 3 days now, with 50lbs of dry rock, 3lbs of live rock and 40lbs of live sand. The cycling process has begun, and will wait for at least 1 week (hopefully by then my ammonia is 0) before inserting CC in the tank. I will try to post pictures tomorrow.
 
images.jpg


Glad you joined us!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new