0   0   0
f4e447b9-5e67-4b02-af0d-2f28e9db692c.gif

Wrassenaround

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would advise against that.

Here is why... You are not sure what size tank you are going to get (I would suggest at minimum 55g) If you run around now, buying a ton of equipment and then get a tank somewhere that the equipment doesn't work with, you will end up replacing it all.

I seriously advise making a firm decision on what tank you are going to go with and THEN start getting equipment to build that tank.

An RODI would be a good starting piece to get now. You don't need a specific tank size to get that. Also a couple brute cans for your water station would be good and a strong pump for your SW mixing can. I wouldn't get any other equipment other than that at this point.

Just my $0.02
Welcome back to the hobby! I would agree with this, having purchased some equipment before I started my first build and completely decided what size tank to get wasn't helpful.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to go with the Innovative Marine 40L AIO during their black Friday sale. It finally got delivered this week so I'll hopefully get it going soon. I created a Build Thread if anyone wants to check it out/follow along.

Let me be among the first to say ... <drum roll>... CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!

I see your spiffy new Build Thread Badge !! WAHOO!!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 75 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back