Getting my 30 gallon tank today

SaltyMix

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2025
Messages
78
Reaction score
49
Location
Utah
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been a long time stalker never poster and finally made an account last week and will be going to get my first tank, some live rock, and a filter today! I don’t even have salt for the aquarium, but I’m hoping the live rock will be okay in the 5gallon bucket with the canister filter running on the 5gallons, for a few days maybe a week or 2.

I’m getting all this for a possibly too good deal from someone who is moving and upgrading.

I’m excited to do a peninsula tank similar to what Hadley England (Sydney Reefing on YT) has but clearly smaller. He’s also the person that got me excited to have maxima clams! I didn’t know you could do clams but I love the look of them and how they add to an ecosystem.
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new