Getting out of hobby Lot's of various items for sale

ctreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been away for over a year and don't feel I will be back anytime soon. Kind of lost interest after many years in the hobby.

Anyways, i've accumulated lot's of average stuff over the years and time to clean out the basement. I'll post pictures later today hopefully and update as things change. regarding pricing, I'm keeping most of this on the low side and some freebies for people that buy anything. If you think the prices are too high, please just pm me. I get that this forum has been slow for awhile. Hopefully there are still reefers out there in need of some hardware.

Tanks:
90Gal reef ready AGA with center overflow (2 holes drilled on bottom). comes with standard pine stand and Aquatinics 6 bulb T5 lighting system (bulbs should be replaced but they work). Note: tank needs new bulkheads. Tank is in good shape. I notice one light scratch on the display side that's about 1/2" long near the center. Otherwise, I can't see any more. Also note, the tank is oak trim and the stand is black. was going to paint the tank trim black but never got around to it. easy enough to do for someone else or if you like the oak, it's already there. (looking for $250)

60 gal cube. I think this is a glass cages tank from more than 10 years ago. It's built like a tank (1/2" glass). Not necessarily the prettiest construction but it never kept me from keeping it as my main display tank. Note: I got this from a fellow reefer's parents probably 7 years ago for free. If I recall, he was off at school and told his parents to get rid of it. I was going to give away, but I've also put quite a bit of work into it since I got it so selling for $100. water tight. Things I changed/added: painted and waterproofed the stand. added dj outlets and timers for lighting. Built a custom rapid LED's hood with dimmable lights (I can find the link for the build on RC if anyone wants to see.) Also includes a pump (rio 2100) and plumbing and 20 gal sump (2 -10s joined together) to get it going if you wanted to set it up like I had it. LIke i said, ($100 and it goes.)

8 gallon Oceanic Biocube. I replaced the PC lighting with Bridgelux LEDs on an aluminum sink. I notice some of the blues look like they could use replacing but they all light and provide enough for softies or seahorse style tank. comes with the pump, small heater, glass magnet cleaner, koralia nano powerhead. Also have some extra LEDs from the build, 4 neutral white and one royal blue. If you're good at soldering you could swap out the ones that don't look so great. ($30 for the lot)

29 gal tank : $10. could use as quarantine. was my son's freshwater tank but hasn't been used in awhile. Also have a screen top for it that I'll throw in for free.

10 gal tanks (2) of them. Free to anyone that needs them

that's all for tanks. will follow up with various stuff

OP
OP
ctreefer

ctreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
other stuff:
test kits. these expire soon so price is low.
Red Sea foundation Pro (a,KH,Mg) expires end of year. only used a couple times. $10
Hanna Phosphate colorimeter:new in box never used. comes with 6 test kits expire in June 2020. Also have a 36 pack unopened that expired in August (maybe they're still good?) $30
Eshopps X120 cone skimmer (about a year old and only used for 6 months) $130

OP
OP
ctreefer

ctreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pics of tanks. can take more if you need more

IMG_3097.jpg IMG_3048.jpg IMG_3051.jpg IMG_3052.jpg

OP
OP
ctreefer

ctreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
over 200lbs of Rock. There's a pretty wide variety of sizes. Mostly on the larger size. Looking to sell this in larger lots. Don't really want to give out all the big stuff and then be left with rubble. If you're looking for some, I'd like to sell in 50lb increments or more and some of that will have smaller pieces (softball size) and majority will have larger pieces. MOst of this is cleaned, but some i noticed has some dried algae evidently from the last tank i had up. Either way, make sure you give it a good rinse before adding to tank. $.75/lb

IMG_3095.jpg IMG_3096.jpg

OP
OP
ctreefer

ctreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pumps:
sicce 1.5 about a year old $64 on Amazon, $30
tunze 6025 (not controllable). have 1 working and another with broken C clip. I think the clip is about $12. take the one working and I'll throw in the other that needs the clip $25
Eheim 1048 with broken ceramic shaft. still works even with broken shaft. shaft replacement is about $10. sell for $15
2 koralia 2's. earlier generation, not controllable. $10 ea
mag 3, a little hum when running. $10

IMG_3098.jpg IMG_3100.jpg IMG_3102.jpg IMG_3133.jpg

OP
OP
ctreefer

ctreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry, forgot location. I'm in Milford right by the mall

OP
OP
ctreefer

ctreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
battery operated air pumps (2) one has some corrosion from earlier battery leak (works). free with any other purchase
other clean one is $5
auto top off set : $10
various loc line parts $15
RO-DI. no picture. current RO cartridge is still good. is a 3 stage system (DI, carbon, sediment). I believe the current cartridge is 75gpd. I have replacement cartridges and a refillable DI cartridge with half a bag of resin. replacement RO cartridge I believe is 100gpd still new in package. Comes with digital readout of in and out water TDS levels. $75

IMG_3101.jpg IMG_3104.jpg

OP
OP
ctreefer

ctreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most everything else is giveaways. buy something and I'll let you pick:
3 glass heaters various wattages (100-150)
5 containers MRs. Wages Pickling Lime
Chemi Pure container never opened
various plumbing parts
2 refractometers
plenty of other misc stuff including filter material, sleeves, frag mounts, magnetic frag mounts etc.

OP
OP
ctreefer

ctreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also, forgot a couple filters for freshwater
Magnum 350 canister setup : $10
Eheim canister similar size $10
various HOB whisper style filters

LeslieP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been away for over a year and don't feel I will be back anytime soon. Kind of lost interest after many years in the hobby.

Anyways, i've accumulated lot's of average stuff over the years and time to clean out the basement. I'll post pictures later today hopefully and update as things change. regarding pricing, I'm keeping most of this on the low side and some freebies for people that buy anything. If you think the prices are too high, please just pm me. I get that this forum has been slow for awhile. Hopefully there are still reefers out there in need of some hardware.

Tanks:
90Gal reef ready AGA with center overflow (2 holes drilled on bottom). comes with standard pine stand and Aquatinics 6 bulb T5 lighting system (bulbs should be replaced but they work). Note: tank needs new bulkheads. Tank is in good shape. I notice one light scratch on the display side that's about 1/2" long near the center. Otherwise, I can't see any more. Also note, the tank is oak trim and the stand is black. was going to paint the tank trim black but never got around to it. easy enough to do for someone else or if you like the oak, it's already there. (looking for $250)

60 gal cube. I think this is a glass cages tank from more than 10 years ago. It's built like a tank (1/2" glass). Not necessarily the prettiest construction but it never kept me from keeping it as my main display tank. Note: I got this from a fellow reefer's parents probably 7 years ago for free. If I recall, he was off at school and told his parents to get rid of it. I was going to give away, but I've also put quite a bit of work into it since I got it so selling for $100. water tight. Things I changed/added: painted and waterproofed the stand. added dj outlets and timers for lighting. Built a custom rapid LED's hood with dimmable lights (I can find the link for the build on RC if anyone wants to see.) Also includes a pump (rio 2100) and plumbing and 20 gal sump (2 -10s joined together) to get it going if you wanted to set it up like I had it. LIke i said, ($100 and it goes.)

8 gallon Oceanic Biocube. I replaced the PC lighting with Bridgelux LEDs on an aluminum sink. I notice some of the blues look like they could use replacing but they all light and provide enough for softies or seahorse style tank. comes with the pump, small heater, glass magnet cleaner, koralia nano powerhead. Also have some extra LEDs from the build, 4 neutral white and one royal blue. If you're good at soldering you could swap out the ones that don't look so great. ($30 for the lot)

29 gal tank : $10. could use as quarantine. was my son's freshwater tank but hasn't been used in awhile. Also have a screen top for it that I'll throw in for free.

10 gal tanks (2) of them. Free to anyone that needs them

that's all for tanks. will follow up with various stuff
So sorry to hear that you are getting out. I know I haven't seen you in ages but I've always enjoyed chatting with you. I hope all is well with you and your family

OP
OP
ctreefer

ctreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry to hear that you are getting out. I know I haven't seen you in ages but I've always enjoyed chatting with you. I hope all is well with you and your family
Hi Leslie,
Things are going well. I hope the same holds true for you. Our oldest is in his first year of college. My guess is your are in the same boat. :) Always enjoyed our conversations as well. take care,

Vince

OP
OP
ctreefer

ctreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, thought I posted this but missed a few things. See below:

Bubble Magus 3 channel dosing pump BM T01N (needs new tubing for the three channels. One still is leak free but the other two have leaks) $100

Two Little Fishes Phosban reactor (old style) with pump: $10

IMG_3105.jpg IMG_3149.jpg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 52 39.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 28.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back