GHA

aaronramey11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I've had GHA for a while been bout 3 months actually so I'm thinking of pressure washing my rocks tomorrow is this a horrible idea I've tried everything but this

Memisis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have anything in the tank that eats GHA?

Also be sure to be dealing with whatever nutrient issue you have causing the growth.

I have a lawnmower blenny and a sea hare and they take really good care of the rocks. This will handle general maintinace.

I've had tufts of GHA, some briopsis, and bubble algea and I have been able to defeat them all by squirting boiling water onto them. I was amazed at how effective this is with briopsis and bubble algea! Boil water and put it in a travel coffee mug. Then whatever turkey basting thingy you and and slowly squirt.

Post some pics and let us know how you manage.

OP
OP
aaronramey11

aaronramey11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok
Do you have anything in the tank that eats GHA?

Also be sure to be dealing with whatever nutrient issue you have causing the growth.

I have a lawnmower blenny and a sea hare and they take really good care of the rocks. This will handle general maintinace.

I've had tufts of GHA, some briopsis, and bubble algea and I have been able to defeat them all by squirting boiling water onto them. I was amazed at how effective this is with briopsis and bubble algea! Boil water and put it in a travel coffee mug. Then whatever turkey basting thingy you and and slowly squirt.

Post some pics and let us know how you manage.
Cool deal

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pull off what you can manually, then use flucanzole and after some 50% water changes start using fish only vibrant

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back