GHL Doser 2.1 WiFi Connection

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Purchased a used 2.1 and it's extremely frustrating! I almost want to put my steel toe boots through it just as a form a therapy.

I've watched all the videos and have went step by step and each video does not get me very far.

I get in using the USB but trying to get the doser to search for my WiFi is like getting a new born to wash dishes and change their own diapers. Every time I select "search Wifi" (system>settings>Search WiFi), I go through 20-30 not found screens. Then when I finally do get it, when I try to update my Firmware, it ask me about a bootloader-mode "USBVCOM"... What the heck is that?
Device manager doesnt show a USBVCOM
Followed by "Error: Update cant be started! Reset the device by disconnecting it from the power for a few seconds"

dr1271

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased a used 2.1 and it's extremely frustrating! I almost want to put my steel toe boots through it just as a form a therapy.

I've watched all the videos and have went step by step and each video does not get me very far.

I get in using the USB but trying to get the doser to search for my WiFi is like getting a new born to wash dishes and change their own diapers. Every time I select "search Wifi" (system>settings>Search WiFi), I go through 20-30 not found screens. Then when I finally do get it, when I try to update my Firmware, it ask me about a bootloader-mode "USBVCOM"... What the heck is that?
Followed by "Error: Update cant be started! Reset the device by disconnecting it from the power for a few seconds"
I’m right there with you on this. Hate to spend $500 on a setup and it doesn’t actually work flawlessly. You spend this money on German engineering and you get crap in the end.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Try this https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads/ghl-doser-2-sa-emergency-update-instructions/

If not help - send in a ticket here.

Sincerely Lasse

dr1271

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up getting to Vinny remote in. Super super helpful and my issue was I wasn't downloading the "BETA" version of the Control Center. He walked me through everything, got the GCC, App, and MyGHL all set up! Great customer service from GHL and feel a whole lot better about my purchase!

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ended up getting to Vinny remote in. Super super helpful and my issue was I wasn't downloading the "BETA" version of the Control Center. He walked me through everything, got the GCC, App, and MyGHL all set up! Great customer service from GHL and feel a whole lot better about my purchase!

nice, I gave up on trying to setup the app. I’m on old school manual PC connection.

How did you download the BETA version?

dr1271

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's listed directly on the GHL Downloads page. I (and I think most Americans) think of Beta as a "test run" program, but Vinny put it as the Germans think of it as the "newest version".

Since I was downloading the previous version to the Beta on the downloads page, I was also not getting the new firmware for the doser. That is the biggest kicker for getting EVERYTHING to work is 1. Downloading the correct GCC program (the Beta one) 2. This correct GCC also includes the latest firmware within in so you can update the device.

Without the firmware you really cannot get everything to work seamlessly. I also noticed a small glitch in the programming as either the GCC or Connect App may change the IP address that then won't allow you to log in. Just go back and check all the Network settings between the two and fix anything that may of been altered in the glitch.

Hope this helps, but if you are still pulling your hair out, just submit a ticket with GHL. Vinny gave me a call when I wasn't at home, but I was able to call him when I was in front of my tank and laptop. Quick remote access in and I was able to follow along while @Vinny@GHLUSA explained everything he was doing.

Now just ready to play around with the app & program for a little longer and eventually take the plunge to the KH Director!

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's listed directly on the GHL Downloads page. I (and I think most Americans) think of Beta as a "test run" program, but Vinny put it as the Germans think of it as the "newest version".

Since I was downloading the previous version to the Beta on the downloads page, I was also not getting the new firmware for the doser. That is the biggest kicker for getting EVERYTHING to work is 1. Downloading the correct GCC program (the Beta one) 2. This correct GCC also includes the latest firmware within in so you can update the device.

Without the firmware you really cannot get everything to work seamlessly. I also noticed a small glitch in the programming as either the GCC or Connect App may change the IP address that then won't allow you to log in. Just go back and check all the Network settings between the two and fix anything that may of been altered in the glitch.

Hope this helps, but if you are still pulling your hair out, just submit a ticket with GHL. Vinny gave me a call when I wasn't at home, but I was able to call him when I was in front of my tank and laptop. Quick remote access in and I was able to follow along while @Vinny@GHLUSA explained everything he was doing.

Now just ready to play around with the app & program for a little longer and eventually take the plunge to the KH Director!

I gave it another shot and I keep getting "Connection Failed" followed by "please note that a simultaneous connection over GHL is not possible."

I am not logged in on my PC, strictly trying to connect Via iPhone app.

@Vinny@GHLUSA any suggestions?

dr1271

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave it another shot and I keep getting "Connection Failed" followed by "please note that a simultaneous connection over GHL is not possible."

I am not logged in on my PC, strictly trying to connect Via iPhone app.

@Vinny@GHLUSA any suggestions?
I have to say, there is sometimes a small glitch in the system that will change the IP address that you may have inputted back to the original. This has happened to me once, but I was able to fix it by logging back in on a PC and retyping in the correct address and saving the changes.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back