GHL Doser 2.1 WiFi Connection

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a GHL Doser 2.1 that I purchased in the spring of 2016. To this day I have never been able to get a sustained WiFi connection. It used to connect and last for roughly a week before I’d have to reset it up. Now it won’t connect at all.

I just updated my GHL control center firmware to the most recent update (in GHL it’s listing it at version 1.22). I setup the WiFi following GHL’s videos. I used the following up address 192.168.0.231. I pinged that up address once the WiFi was setup in GHL and it successfully pinged the device.

When I go to actually connect via WiFi using my phone (GHL Control) or WiFi through GHL on my computer, it fails. I have tried countless IP addresses. They will all ping successfully but the connection never works.

I’m not sure what to do at this point. I was looking to purchase a GHL KH Director, but since my Doser won’t ever connect not sure I want to keep going down this path.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

If you're running on doser firmware 1.22, the firmware is out of date.
  • Solution: Download the newest version of GCC (V1118), open GCC and update firmware to 1.30 (Follow this video)

GHL Control app
  • This is the wrong app to use and is outdated.
  • Download GHL CONNECT
Wi-Fi connection
  • In GCC and the app, you should have the exact IP address of your doser entered in the HOST/IP field.
  • When choosing an IP address to assign to the doser, it must be one that is NOT assigned to another device on your network.
  • A successful ping looks like this:
upload_2018-11-13_11-26-32.png

• NOT THIS:
upload_2018-11-13_11-27-44.png

• SOLUTION: Check your doser network settings and confirm if it is actually on your network. If it is, then use this assigned IP address and create a new connection in GCC and GHL Connect. In the Host/IP field make sure you enter the IP address of the doser.

OP
OP
spartanman22

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

If you're running on doser firmware 1.22, the firmware is out of date.
  • Solution: Download the newest version of GCC (V1118), open GCC and update firmware to 1.30 (Follow this video)

GHL Control app
  • This is the wrong app to use and is outdated.
  • Download GHL CONNECT
Wi-Fi connection
  • In GCC and the app, you should have the exact IP address of your doser entered in the HOST/IP field.
  • When choosing an IP address to assign to the doser, it must be one that is NOT assigned to another device on your network.
  • A successful ping looks like this:
upload_2018-11-13_11-26-32.png

• NOT THIS:
upload_2018-11-13_11-27-44.png

• SOLUTION: Check your doser network settings and confirm if it is actually on your network. If it is, then use this assigned IP address and create a new connection in GCC and GHL Connect. In the Host/IP field make sure you enter the IP address of the doser.

I will check again but I downloaded the most recent firmware version for GHL Control center (August of 2018). So not sure why it’s not the most recent firmware version on GHL now.

I have tried the GHL Connect App but my doser does not show up as an available WiFi network on my iPhone.

I currently have the IP address set to 192.168.0.231. The subnet mask and default gateway match my computer (per cmd ipconfig). I have successful pings at that IP address. I have also confirmed on my router’s WiFi page that the IP address is connected to my router.

However despite all of this the doser will still not connect via WiFi.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried the GHL Connect App but my doser does not show up as an available WiFi network on my iPhone.

There is no need to search for the doser's hotspot signal. This signal is disabled once the doser joins an existing network. Since you say the doser shows in your routers page, it is successfully connected. In which case, you only need to create or edit an existing connection in the app OR GHL Control Center.

Enter your assigned IP address here:

(GCC)
upload_2018-11-13_12-5-20.png

(GHL Connect)

upload_2018-11-13_12-7-46.png

OP
OP
spartanman22

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The newest firmware version won’t update onto GHL Control Center. It keeps failing. I downloaded GHL Control Center V1.1.1.8 from GHL’s website.

It was saved to my local disk=> program files (86)=>GHLControlCenter_V1087=>Firmware=>GHL Doser 2 Standalone

ebfd0e3e47bf9e89d910aee684ff5faa.jpg

I go into the GHL Control Center, start the firmware update under extras, I check the boxes and select the appropriate vcomm channel (4). Then it auto selects the V122 file. So I manually select the new downloaded firmware version, but I keep getting this error. I don’t understand where I’m going wrong.

09d6a95384ad546c3cf5c2f74700fcb3.jpg

Presently I have secured a WiFi connection but cannot use GHL Connect because I can’t update GHL Control Center to the necessary firmware. I am able to access the doser through the outdated GHL Control App. However I have been able to get connection to this before but the connection never lasts more than a couple days.

Not sure what I need to do to get the firmware to update.

OP
OP
spartanman22

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The newest firmware version won’t update onto GHL Control Center. It keeps failing. I downloaded GHL Control Center V1.1.1.8 from GHL’s website.

It was saved to my local disk=> program files (86)=>GHLControlCenter_V1087=>Firmware=>GHL Doser 2 Standalone

ebfd0e3e47bf9e89d910aee684ff5faa.jpg

I go into the GHL Control Center, start the firmware update under extras, I check the boxes and select the appropriate vcomm channel (4). Then it auto selects the V122 file. So I manually select the new downloaded firmware version, but I keep getting this error. I don’t understand where I’m going wrong.

09d6a95384ad546c3cf5c2f74700fcb3.jpg

Presently I have secured a WiFi connection but cannot use GHL Connect because I can’t update GHL Control Center to the necessary firmware. I am able to access the doser through the outdated GHL Control App. However I have been able to get connection to this before but the connection never lasts more than a couple days.

Not sure what I need to do to get the firmware to update.

Never mind I think I solved my issues and have it functioning properly now.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay perfect.

For future reference, when you need to update the firmware on any GHL device, please download the new version of GCC to your computer's downloads folder.

OP
OP
spartanman22

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to get GCC’s firmware updated but still no luck connecting to the doser via the GHL Connect App. The IP address I setup connection with never last more than a day. I’ll set it up with an IP address, it’ll ping properly, I’ll have access through the app, and the IP address will display under my routers wireless access controls page. However after a day it loses connection and I have to go back and set it up again with a new IP address. It’s been like this since I got it. Was hoping that updating the firmware would fix it but I guess not.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This does not sound like an issue with the doser anymore. There may be something going on with the router itself, check the settings perhaps.

If you setup the doser's WiFi with a static IP address, the doser will remain with the IP address that was assigned to it. If the router goes and changes it, the doser will remain with the pre-set IP address and not knowing the IP is no longer valid.

If the IP address you set is still there when you go back to "set it up again", this suggests an issue with the router.

OP
OP
spartanman22

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This does not sound like an issue with the doser anymore. There may be something going on with the router itself, check the settings perhaps.

If you setup the doser's WiFi with a static IP address, the doser will remain with the IP address that was assigned to it. If the router goes and changes it, the doser will remain with the pre-set IP address and not knowing the IP is no longer valid.

If the IP address you set is still there when you go back to "set it up again", this suggests an issue with the router.

I just checked my routers wireless access control and it’s no longer showing the IP address I assigned to the doser as being connected to the router. I am not very computer savvy so not sure where to take it at this point. Is my router just dropping the IP addresses I assign the doser? I never lose connection with any other device, why would it repeatedly drop the doser? And it always drops the doser regardless of what IP address I assign it.

OP
OP
spartanman22

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@spartanman22 - What firmware version are you running now, on the doser? Screenshot?

Sorry I did not see this. I am running firmware version 1.30. I still cannot get a connection.

When I search for available WiFi networks the GHL doesn’t find my homes network. I try manually inputting the information but it won’t connect. The ping fails.

Also I’ve tried setting it up through my phone by connecting to the WiFi network of the doser, but the doser’s network does not show up under the available WiFi networks.

This is with my phone about 3’ from the doser. My apex sits next to the doser and connects fine. My phone and laptop have great connection when working next to the doser as well.
22811ae6baa9b308ed2fe560054bb253.png

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's probably better if you contact them via phone so they can run you through troubleshooting it. You'd probably spend 1/4 of the time.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Connect to your Doser via GCC and let me see a screenshot of the settings please.

OP
OP
spartanman22

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Connect to your Doser via GCC and let me see a screenshot of the settings please.

a00782ea53e814b1b50a81523f934165.jpg

17bb97478a4eb026ed6646f02c5dd8f8.jpg

77c19f9021622cf3c064143816f4bce0.jpg

b688fbb5689b14ecb228043dd2f3db84.png

Last night I was successfully able to get it to connect. However, today the connection has failed again. It is still showing connected on my routers wireless access page, but when I ping it I get “destination host unreachable”. This is usually what happens. After setting it up I’ll get connection for a day or two and then it’ll fail again.

606c388271ea833b8961487ade5aa931.jpg

7e3a1e9e2f1daa978e8b6c8da41a0ca2.jpg

38c84badf0012065bc8e39937b2d329e.png

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried to change the WiFi channel on your router? If not, give that a try please.

OP
OP
spartanman22

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The channel was set to “Auto”. I changed it to channel two and connection to the doser via GCC has been re-established. I’ll see if that connection continues tomorrow. Thanks for the help

Daniel Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@spartanman22 if you get your ghl doser to connect wirelessly, you are doing better than me. I'm at about 2 years of trying off and on with no luck. Love the doser. Wifi connectivity is a mystery.

OP
OP
spartanman22

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@spartanman22 if you get your ghl doser to connect wirelessly, you are doing better than me. I'm at about 2 years of trying off and on with no luck. Love the doser. Wifi connectivity is a mystery.

I’m about 2 years in as well. It connects but never seems to stay connected. Longest I ever got was about 4 days. Hopefully changing the channel does the trick.

Daniel Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I actually I was able to connect via my phone app with this latest update and watching some more GHL set up videos. I will see if it lasts, but for now, I am 95% better off than I have been in the past. I have just resolved to using my USB connection and a laptop to adjust my dosing schedules, but that has been tedious.

I stand corrected...I can get into the app, but apparently actually changing the dosing amounts / schedule and getting it to save is turning out to be too much. I guess my hope of getting away from the USB cable was short lived.

Back