GHL Doser issue

miller75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me why my new GHL doser is adjusting the dose? I have set it to does 1ml twice a day but it has dosed 25.1ml instead. I have no idea why it has made an adjustment of 24.1ml

Dose.jpg

These are my setting

settings.jpg

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on the pictures the total volume dosed is from Dosing pump 6, the dosing setting is for Dosing pump 5?
Dosing pumps are identified at the top of the picture.

That could be part of the problem!!!

OP
OP
M

miller75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so this has happened again, it seems to be the first dose after setting a new program. I swapped some heads around yesterday and it dumped 50ml of phosphate in instead of 8ml (it was set to 8ml at the time)

settings1.jpg

history.jpg

Because this was the first dose is there a setting anywhere for missed doses, my thinking is it is trying to catch up with doses missed doses from earlier in the day?

OP
OP
M

miller75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so this has happened again, it seems to be the first dose after setting a new program. I swapped some heads around yesterday and it dumped 50ml of phosphate in instead of 8ml (it was set to 8ml at the time)

settings1.jpg

history.jpg

Because this was the first dose is there a setting anywhere for missed doses, my thinking is it is trying to catch up with doses missed doses from earlier in the day?

I have just worked out the remailing dosage and it does appear that this is what's happening

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

settings1.jpg

history.jpg

Interesting, so after doing the swap did you recalibrate and set the correct speed and calibration.

This is what I am referring to:
1703351024530.jpeg

Now over the last few days my connection has been spotty at best so there might be other issues.

Regardless it would be helpful if GHL commented and let us know if this is expected behaviour, assuming the doser is calibrated and set correctly.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a few bugs with the dosing display and mathematics, but I don't think GHL wants to openly discuss. I have brought it up a few times and the answers kind of evaded the issue both times.

Part of it is clearly a maths rounding issue where significance is getting lost between the actual dosing being done and what is being reported. I have a thread somewhere somewhat outlining what I found.

There was also bug where if you set ml/min different to the calibration, things got very wonky. This was to have been fixed a few updates ago, but I don't trust the fix and don't have the time or patience to actually test.

I am not so sure that your pump dosed that full amount or the display is just showing the difference, but one way or the other the whole things needs work.

I love my GHL equipment and have no issue with the programming UI. I think the actual dashboard is very bad and long in the tooth. I also think issues like this keep getting shoved further and further down the road as they struggle with the ION-D and focus mostly on bringing new revenue streams to market. I don't see any real improvements in the near future. For your issue, if you can verify by experiment that it truly does overdose, then I would push for a bug fix via support, but also here in the GHL forum. I am a believer in full transparency with stuff like this and I know GHL prefers to deal with things in shadow of support tickets.

OP
OP
M

miller75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, so after doing the swap did you recalibrate and set the correct speed and calibration.

This is what I am referring to:
1703351024530.jpeg

Now over the last few days my connection has been spotty at best so there might be other issues.

Regardless it would be helpful if GHL commented and let us know if this is expected behaviour, assuming the doser is calibrated and set correctly.
Yes I took the opportunity when swapping things about to recalibrate everything

OP
OP
M

miller75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a few bugs with the dosing display and mathematics, but I don't think GHL wants to openly discuss. I have brought it up a few times and the answers kind of evaded the issue both times.

Part of it is clearly a maths rounding issue where significance is getting lost between the actual dosing being done and what is being reported. I have a thread somewhere somewhat outlining what I found.

There was also bug where if you set ml/min different to the calibration, things got very wonky. This was to have been fixed a few updates ago, but I don't trust the fix and don't have the time or patience to actually test.

I am not so sure that your pump dosed that full amount or the display is just showing the difference, but one way or the other the whole things needs work.

I love my GHL equipment and have no issue with the programming UI. I think the actual dashboard is very bad and long in the tooth. I also think issues like this keep getting shoved further and further down the road as they struggle with the ION-D and focus mostly on bringing new revenue streams to market. I don't see any real improvements in the near future. For your issue, if you can verify by experiment that it truly does overdose, then I would push for a bug fix via support, but also here in the GHL forum. I am a believer in full transparency with stuff like this and I know GHL prefers to deal with things in shadow of support tickets.
I am pretty sure it did dose the 50m/l because my no4:po4x was setup on another head and I had gone out and come back to a massive bacterial bloom, that's what made me look at the doser in the first place, unfortunately I didn't have the record dosing switch on for this head. Luckily I just added some stability to the tank and apart from my PH dropping to 7.82 overnight there were no other affects.

I programmed it at about 8:30pm and because I set it to dose 8 times per day starting at 03:00 it does look like it thinks its missed the first 6 so has dosed the missed doses to catch up.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 112 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.0%
Back