GHL Doser Maxi for AWC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to share my experience with the install of the new Doser Maxi which I bought for the AWC system.
Upon receiving and calibrating the pump, there was a problem with pump #1 which resulted to be related to the steppermotor inside the doser.
Some quick emails to and from GHL support and a new motor was on the way (warranty). As bad news never comes alone, this shipment was lost and swiftly a second motor was send and received.
Installing the new motor was easy and done the next day after arrival.
The calibration turned out perfect and the pump was installed at the water mixing station.

Taking in account... "What comes out... has to go in as well"... I ran the system for about 10 days with rodi water between the water mixing station and a bucket next to the display tank to see if the levels remained stable, so to make sure the calibration was done well.

In my set up, the display tank is about 15 meter away from the water mixing station. I installed 3 6/4mm waterlines between both in the false ceiling.
The pump easily pumped the water to and from the tank without hesitation.

I change 200ml of water every hour. So a total of 4.8L (1.27G) a day on a more or less 700L system.
Occasionally I will to bigger water changes if ICP tests show any irregularity.

Some pictures:
20171223_175619.jpg

20180303_153709.jpg

20180303_153714.jpg

20180303_153725.jpg

Rob K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to share my experience with the install of the new Doser Maxi which I bought for the AWC system.
Upon receiving and calibrating the pump, there was a problem with pump #1 which resulted to be related to the steppermotor inside the doser.
Some quick emails to and from GHL support and a new motor was on the way (warranty). As bad news never comes alone, this shipment was lost and swiftly a second motor was send and received.
Installing the new motor was easy and done the next day after arrival.
The calibration turned out perfect and the pump was installed at the water mixing station.

Taking in account... "What comes out... has to go in as well"... I ran the system for about 10 days with rodi water between the water mixing station and a bucket next to the display tank to see if the levels remained stable, so to make sure the calibration was done well.

In my set up, the display tank is about 15 meter away from the water mixing station. I installed 3 6/4mm waterlines between both in the false ceiling.
The pump easily pumped the water to and from the tank without hesitation.

I change 200ml of water every hour. So a total of 4.8L (1.27G) a day on a more or less 700L system.
Occasionally I will to bigger water changes if ICP tests show any irregularity.

Some pictures:
20171223_175619.jpg

20180303_153709.jpg

20180303_153714.jpg

20180303_153725.jpg
Are you still using the Doser Maxi and if so, how is it doing for you?

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a GHL fanboy, but having run of these for approx 6 months I have unplugged it and put it back in it's box in the garage. It was way to noisy for me.
Plugged the Litermeter back in and had to check it was running it was soooo quiet.
I really do hope v2 of the MAXI's (when they come out) are much quieter. I would consider going back.....

dangros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Macca_75 , I was looking to get the litermeter but am hesitant. The new versions don’t list which is the stand alone and how much they pump. How is your litermeter set up and what did it lack that you tried the maxi?

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a GHL fanboy, but having run of these for approx 6 months I have unplugged it and put it back in it's box in the garage. It was way to noisy for me.
Plugged the Litermeter back in and had to check it was running it was soooo quiet.
I really do hope v2 of the MAXI's (when they come out) are much quieter. I would consider going back.....
I also hope they come out with an update kit, so that everyone of us with a maxi doser paperweight, can finally use it!

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Macca_75 , I was looking to get the litermeter but am hesitant. The new versions don’t list which is the stand alone and how much they pump. How is your litermeter set up and what did it lack that you tried the maxi?
I have the older Liter meter and it does what is does perfect. If I had a wish list it would be a button to "manually dose" while pressing but that's about it. The ability to calibrate/dose from a remote interface (such as phone or app) is value add but really the tings are soooo rock solid they are truly set and forget once setup.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back