GHL KD Director

peopleschoice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the KD director along with 2 of the ghl dosers for about a year and a half maybe. Everything works as it should The issue that I'm having is with connectivity, if I try to connect to my units via the iphone app or through the web browser im only able to actually connect maybe 2 out of 10 times. Connection works just fine via usb with windows based laptop. Has anyone had any issues along these lines? Any tips or tricks? Any help would be greatly appreciated! B6A6D86B-4F03-45D2-9905-D4EFA2B3153B.png

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was my experience as well. Their GUI/connectivity is their single greatest weakness, IMO. Actually, it's the reason I'm still running orange. I bought the KHD because I wanted to dip my toes into the water, so to speak, and found that their GUI just doesn't work nearly as well as the competition. If that ever changes, I'm likely to go all-in with the GHL ecosystem.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can - switch from WiFi to LAN connection - the WiFi in the SA dosers are of different type than the ones in P4 and Mitras. I believe that in the new dosers as Maxi 2.2 is the same WiFi chip as in P4 and Mitras. This newer chip works today very good with the actual FW. The old in the SA dosers does not work as well as the ones in P4 and mitras IME.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
peopleschoice

peopleschoice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this same issue for a long time. I have opened several service tickets with no solutions. I'm switching out my GHL gear even though it has worked well. Its a bummer they can't fix this issue.
Such a shame because over than the connectivity issues it’s really a great product!

OP
OP
peopleschoice

peopleschoice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was my experience as well. Their GUI/connectivity is their single greatest weakness, IMO. Actually, it's the reason I'm still running orange. I bought the KHD because I wanted to dip my toes into the water, so to speak, and found that their GUI just doesn't work nearly as well as the competition. If that ever changes, I'm likely to go all-in with the GHL ecosystem.
Yeah such a bummer. It’s truly my only gripe with ghl. I suppose for the time being I’ll just continue running it with the laptop plugged in continuously. It isn’t pretty but it’s quicker than manually testing everyday. I’ll continue to test weekly until they are able to figure something out.

OP
OP
peopleschoice

peopleschoice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can - switch from WiFi to LAN connection - the WiFi in the SA dosers are of different type than the ones in P4 and Mitras. I believe that in the new dosers as Maxi 2.2 is the same WiFi chip as in P4 and Mitras. This newer chip works today very good with the actual FW. The old in the SA dosers does not work as well as the ones in P4 and mitras IME.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
peopleschoice

peopleschoice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not able to get a wired connection out in the garage as of now, but maybe my cable company can help me out with that. I may consider the profilux if I was sure it would work. I would hate to shell out another $500 bucks or so just to stuck in the same boat!

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest - a couple of years ago there was some problems with even the P4 WiFi unit. During the last 2 years - it has works like a charm. However some mesh WiFi systems have been reported to have issues with P4. I use a ASUS´s Blue Cave and my P4 and router is in the same room. Nema problema during the last 2 years.

Sincerely Lasse

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back