GHL Maxi dosing head tubing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently using a GHL maxi standalone system for AWC. I'm changing 2 gallons daily over 12 applications 2 hour apart. I just noticed that my "water in" pump has a split hose inside the dosing head (luckily it doesn't appear that much water has been lost). Here's the thing. GHL is out of stock for replacement heads. I reached out, and waiting for a call back. Figured I'd order Neptune DOS heads as a replacement, but apparently they are out of stock everywhere too. I really only need the tubing, but not sure exactly what I need. It was recommended that I try the replacement tubing for the Kamoer FX-STP Peristaltic continuous duty dosing pump . Does anyone know if this might work, or if there's something else that will. I'd like to get this back up and running as soon as possible.
Thanks.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice talking to you today. :)
We'll have the piece sent right away!

OP
OP
Auquanut

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you SO much! Guess I kind of jumped the gun with this thread, but it gives me the chance to offer a shout out for your outstanding customer service. You guys are great.

Thanks again.

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA I've heard of and read a few cases of split tubing inside the head. Is there an underlying design flaw/batch issue?

Thanks

OP
OP
Auquanut

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My replacement tubing came in ALREADY! It literally took me about two minutes to install and I'm back in business. Thanks again.

P.S. The sticker is going on my sump right now.

Boonz28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had the same problem, Split tubing inside the dosing head after about 35 gallons, water all over the place. I put in a ticket a couple of days ago but haven't heard anything back yet.
Hopefully GHL will make it right with me as well.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem, Split tubing inside the dosing head after about 35 gallons, water all over the place. I put in a ticket a couple of days ago but haven't heard anything back yet.
Hopefully GHL will make it right with me as well.
Hopfully they will give you a better answer than they did with mine. “You sucked up a snail or sand”. Really torques me off when companies try to cover up an issue. And THIS is an issue. There‘s multiple reports of this. The leak created from the split tube can cost customers allot depending on how much water leaks out and where that water goes.

I ended up having to source the tubing elsewhere and fix my problem on my own. This was when GHL lost me as a faithful customer. I left voice messages and emails with the US office and they got ignored. From what I can tell, they may have started to learn from this mistake. Glad others are getting replacement tubing.

FYI, the Neptune DOS head is a direct replacement option And source for parts that’s cheaper than the GHL. The only difference between it and the GHL is color and two roller vs three roller. You can interchange the roller part to keep the three roller.

Last edited:

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for a split hose. Just happened to me on a 1 month old unit.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if this is a result of not enough lubricant being packed in those blue cap heads.

Boonz28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought mine new in January for a tank build but it's been in the box until I hooked it up this week. Split on the 2nd time it ran. And there's definitely no sand in my sump (bare bottom tank) and definitely no snails. :p

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was heaps of lube. Worth noting is my litermeter never had any lube and ran faultlessly for years on end.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For reference did your split look like this?

E0C17960-9681-4230-9E4C-CB1BB0787C0D.jpeg

D6160042-7036-4315-9448-37521FBC7782.jpeg

Tomplatz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a split tube on my Maxi which split as I was priming for the first time ever, so it was brand new and never used before. When I dismantled the head, the tubing was very firm as if it had perished. Very strange.

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For reference did your split look like this?

E0C17960-9681-4230-9E4C-CB1BB0787C0D.jpeg

D6160042-7036-4315-9448-37521FBC7782.jpeg
Exactly like that. GHL have responded. They have a theory of why the hoses have split and action has been taken on future units. They are also replacing the split hose and a spare for the other head, along with a head just in case. Can't fault their warranty or commitment to a fix.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly like that. GHL have responded. They have a theory of why the hoses have split and action has been taken on future units. They are also replacing the split hose and a spare for the other head, along with a head just in case. Can't fault their warranty or commitment to a fix.
Glad they are at least recognizing this is an issue and not sand or snails. Also it’s good at least some customers are getting help regarding this Tube spliting.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've checked a set of heads from my maxi that I haven't used yet (have kept running the DOS head caps on it since I already modded it to the JG 1/4" fittings). So the un-used heads look to be lubed pretty well, but the tubing is very stiff. I'll keep an eye on this one, since it will get good use by being run for AWC.

Could just be a bad run of tubing, or something that doesn't last well without a fluid in it.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 57 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back