GHL Relay control

KimG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear all
I recently got myself a GLH profilux 4 and a breakout box.
For now I'm just using to monitor the tank.
I run a lot of DIY stuff, mostly out of arduinos. The idea is to slowly change them to the profilux.
The first to go will be the DIY light controller (1-10v). That's pretty easy to control with the profilux and the GHL connect app.
However, I cant figure out how to control relays.
According to the breakout box, each L-port can control 2 relays and 2 1-10v. Does anybody know how to program the relays using the GHL connect app?
The 1-10v I can do under illumination.

Also, does anyone have the schematic for the float switch connectors? I have a lot of them around, so I may play with them at some point.

Thank you all.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
screenshot 006.PNG

For the moment forget the L-ports relays. They are for old dimmable (1-10 V) drivers that did not get all the way to zero. They normally is in use together with EVG-AP-2F-HIC and these relays will cut of the power when the illumination is zero - as I understand. I have used them that way with old LED drivers that still get some current when the signal was 1 V. If you want to use them - all Illumination (dimmable) over 0 will activate the relay (as I understand it)

screenshot 007.PNG

You should more concentrate on your S ports (I hope it is not P4E you bought because they have not the S ports) The S ports can control 4 of relays. Do you use S 1-4 - you will find this in socket 1-4 at the switchable sockets meny, if you use S 5-8 - you will use switch 5 - 8 in the switchable sockets menu. It is important that you not have configure any PAB power bars to those switches in the meny.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
KimG

KimG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
screenshot 006.PNG

For the moment forget the L-ports relays. They are for old dimmable (1-10 V) drivers that did not get all the way to zero. They normally is in use together with EVG-AP-2F-HIC and these relays will cut of the power when the illumination is zero - as I understand. I have used them that way with old LED drivers that still get some current when the signal was 1 V. If you want to use them - all Illumination (dimmable) over 0 will activate the relay (as I understand it)

screenshot 007.PNG

You should more concentrate on your S ports (I hope it is not P4E you bought because they have not the S ports) The S ports can control 4 of relays. Do you use S 1-4 - you will find this in socket 1-4 at the switchable sockets meny, if you use S 5-8 - you will use switch 5 - 8 in the switchable sockets menu. It is important that you not have configure any PAB power bars to those switches in the meny.

Sincerely Lasse

Hi Lasse
Thanks for the answer.
Of course I have the 4e
Anyway according to the picture above you still have two relay controls with the l ports. I just can't figure out how to activate them with the ghl connect app. Would they still be in the switchable socket menu?

Once again, thanks

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyway according to the picture above you still have two relay controls with the l ports. I just can't figure out how to activate them with the ghl connect app. Would they still be in the switchable socket menu?
Yes - and as I remember (it was more than 7 years ago) - they get activated when the illumination channel connected to the L port was above 0. If you connect Ill channel 1 to L1 - the relay 1 will be activated as soon as the brightness is over 0 and deactivated when the brightness is below 0. The 1-10 V signal also manage the on and off stage of the relay

I send with the manual for the EVG-AP-2F-HIC - you maybe get some ideas from there

Sincerely Lasse

Attachments

• EVG-AP-HIC-High-Inrush-Current.pdf
    208.2 KB · Views: 143

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was relays that´s was connected with L-ports and it was GHL:s own "extension" card EVG-AP-2F-HIC.

With the S-ports - I suppose you can use all type of relays that that have a control voltage of 12V DC and max 100 mA .

Sincerely Lasse

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok.. so for wiring, would you connect all the relays to pin 1 and then each one to the respective relay pin (1 to 4)?
Would this basically be like using a powerhub, except that you have to have an external power supply?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I understand it right - not pin 1 but pin 6 (GND) Each of 2 - 5 have its own + 12 V source If you use S (1-4) as a source -
If you activating switch channel 1 (in your profilux) it will send +12 V through pin 2 - pin 2 further connecting to the + pole on the control part of the relay. The minus connected to GND (pin6). The current (when pin 2 is activated) will have the control part of the relay to switch on the load part. The load part can be whatever in voltage. It could be a source between 0 - 240 V AC or DC, Yes it will be the same as if you use a 4 outlet power bar of the old model but without a given voltage for the load.

In some way it will act as an powerhub but the real power hub use GHL PAB protocol not the on/off behavior of the S (1-4) and S (5-8) ports

Please @Vinny@GHLUSA correct me if I´m wrong

Sincerely Lasse

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back