Giesemann Aurora User Thread

PaulG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some help with hanging my 48" Aurora.

The supplied hanging kit does not include hanger bolts. I went to my local shops today to see if I could find metric hanger bolts to no avail. I could use either a snap or toggle bolt in the sheetrock but I just don't feel comfortable with that option.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Did you end up using Toggle Bolts in dry wall? Love to know if that worked for you.

ryboy707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aren't those par numbers a little low for an sps dominant tank?

ryboy707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to purchase a 36" aurora for my red sea reefer 250, and now I'm a little worried from those par readings, that the aurora won't be strong enough since I plan a mostly sps tank. I would hate to spend that kind of money for the wrong light. Are the radion g4 pro lights stronger than the giesemann led's?

MrSkumfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the radion pros are stronger. There's someone on YouTube that uses three radion pro 15s on his reefer 250 and has high Par measurements. You could consider two hydra 52. You would have to crank them down though.

BRS also showed one of their employees SPS tanks that is running the Aurora with Par levels of 150-170. The par levels seem low, but the acros look great.

You could perhaps watch more Aurora videos or look at images to see what others are growing.

You could consider the GENESIS. It's suppose to be released this month. It has the New leds that are on the Verve. That may bump up the PAR. I don't think the T5s are dimmable; but the fixture is cheaper than the Aurora. I'm at MACNA this weekend. I'll see what the update is on that fixture.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to trouble shoot a new 60" aurora that won't turn on. I think it may be the power supplies. Should the led indicator lights on the eternal power supply units (for LEDs) turn on when plugged in to indicate they have power (they are off on mine when plugged in).

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem solved! In case anyone else runs into this issue, there's a switch inside each of the LED power supplies to select input voltage. Regardless of the box being clearly labeled as for US standard, they were both set to 230v for Europe. Switched them over to 115v and everything works perfect.
IMG_20171113_201332.jpg

Last edited:

johnnyk731

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’m seriously considering ditching my 3hydra 52s (two of which are non he) for a 48 aurora. For my 525 reefer. Sort of just trying to find a deal on Black Friday. We will see. Oh great thread if I do end up with one I’m sure I’ll have to read page one more than once. And great to see an iPhone app out now!

johnnyk731

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what it’s called from what I’ve read you can use it to control an aurora

boozeman27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really. I will try that and let you know. I have to use an android tablet just for my Aurora. Btw I have a 525xl with a 48” Aurora Love it! Just would love an iPad app.

johnnyk731

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really. I will try that and let you know. I have to use an android tablet just for my Aurora. Btw I have a 525xl with a 48” Aurora Love it! Just would love an iPad app.

Yeah I read that either on giesemanns website or saw it now r cent YouTube video about an aurora I can’t remember. I really hope it’s true bc that’s a huge factor in me buying this light. Please do let me know! Also do you have a tank build thread?

boozeman27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does work fine with an android tablet. It is ****** software but one you figure it out it’s ok. Still an awesome light

johnnyk731

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah but I don’t even have anything android. This is an awesome light but I swear I saw a macna vid or something on YouTube just yesterday about it

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 50.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back