Gift cart policy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

EBNewbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I was reading the gift card policy and have a few questions:
1. "The BRS Gift Cards are non-transferable and you may not sell, assign, make a gift of or otherwise transfer all or any part of your BRS Gift Cards"
So we cannot gift a gift card?
2. "redemptions are limited to $250 per purchase transaction and $1000 per day per customer."
Is this enforced or do you have any plans to enforce this? If not, can this be removed from the policy? I was able to make a $750 order with gift cards thanks to the DreamTank promotion.
3. "You may have the ability to view and manage your BRS Gift Cards through your BRS Customer Account."
I don't see this ability but the policy says may. Can I add the gift cards to my account like Amazon and have BRS source payment from gift cards first?

Thanks!

OP
OP
EBNewbie

EBNewbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And my gift cart I, of course, meant gift card...

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I was reading the gift card policy and have a few questions:
1. "The BRS Gift Cards are non-transferable and you may not sell, assign, make a gift of or otherwise transfer all or any part of your BRS Gift Cards"
So we cannot gift a gift card?
2. "redemptions are limited to $250 per purchase transaction and $1000 per day per customer."
Is this enforced or do you have any plans to enforce this? If not, can this be removed from the policy? I was able to make a $750 order with gift cards thanks to the DreamTank promotion.
3. "You may have the ability to view and manage your BRS Gift Cards through your BRS Customer Account."
I don't see this ability but the policy says may. Can I add the gift cards to my account like Amazon and have BRS source payment from gift cards first?

Thanks!

1. Yes, you can gift a gift card! Just put their email address in the "to" field.
  2. It's not live on the site, we just reserve the right in the event it's a fraudulent transaction
  3. We don't currently have the ability to store the gift card to your account, it's on our wishlist to do that though!

OP
OP
EBNewbie

EBNewbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply!
One more question regarding points. It seems like I get 1% points by purchasing a gift card and using them results in 0 points. Can we get 4% points on non-MAP products for orders purchased with a gift card? Is that in the work or something I can get resolved with an email?

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply!
One more question regarding points. It seems like I get 1% points by purchasing a gift card and using them results in 0 points. Can we get 4% points on non-MAP products for orders purchased with a gift card? Is that in the work or something I can get resolved with an email?

Unfortunately, we can't allow the earning of points on both ends. Even earning the 1% on the purchase of a gift card is not something that most companies allow, our finance team is probably not too pleased with that!

OP
OP
EBNewbie

EBNewbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply. Have you explored not giving points on the gift cards themselves and applying points on orders paid with a gift card?

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can request the team review that, although if they did decide to do that it would need to be developed so it wouldn't be a feature any time soon. I'll pass it on though! :)

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, we can't allow the earning of points on both ends. Even earning the 1% on the purchase of a gift card is not something that most companies allow, our finance team is probably not too pleased with that!

I bought gift cards because I had an ecard (Vanilla Visa) that I was awarded through my work. I bought the gift cards because I thought I was going to go over the amount of the ecard and didn't see a way to use multiple payments online. I didn't get points for buying the gift cards and I didn't get points for making the $500 purchase. Basically I missed out on roughly $24 worth of points. I did call CS and was told I'd get $10 in points added to my account for the confusion, but I don't even see those...

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 133 59.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 79 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.4%

Back