Gigas PMD?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaneGer21
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
2,136
Reaction score
2,750
Location
Creston, 44217
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this appear to be PMD on this gigas? I really hope not...

1CD4FCF1-2933-4241-9338-2D55741AD0FC.jpeg 7A3CA2B9-D364-4CA6-84A3-7AF1FE5EDAE1.jpeg
 
Outlined...
 

Attachments

  • 584674F4-8282-49A8-94F9-81F35413900C.jpeg
    584674F4-8282-49A8-94F9-81F35413900C.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 100
Mine does this when something irritates it and it typically goes away the next day
 
How long has the clam been that way, and is it occurring anywhere else on the clam, and/or on any other clams you have?
 
It was acquired from a local reefer. Grown from about 2.5” to now 6”. I have not had any clams for about 3yrs. It seems to be better the past few days. Probably/hopefully only irritated from the move.

I’ll take a pic in a few hours...
 
How much light do you have? It resembles clams that are not receiving enough light.
 
How is he now. If it is PMD, it will not resolve and just getting worst. If it is gone now, then the mantle just got irritated from some transient cause.
 
I’d say all has been well. I forgot to post an updated pic. If the light schedule allows I’ll snap a pic when I go inside.
 
Here is a pic I literally just took...
 

Attachments

  • 41E84644-B223-4F00-B0C3-4C5636793525.jpeg
    41E84644-B223-4F00-B0C3-4C5636793525.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 123
Here is a before and after...
 

Attachments

  • 1FA35281-DF72-4212-9415-22AA538272A9.jpeg
    1FA35281-DF72-4212-9415-22AA538272A9.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 75BC64F0-BCA8-45BB-8F67-E40252B51F72.jpeg
    75BC64F0-BCA8-45BB-8F67-E40252B51F72.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 89
The clam has been doing good, and seems to be putting on new white shell growth.

Nothing has changed, and I have done nothing in particular except give it time and good parameters.

It has slowly rotated itself clockwise about 20* over the past month. It is now more in line with one of my fixtures.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new