OP
OP
Giraffe0621

Giraffe0621

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bulk Reef Supply -- you guys are THE BEST.

I dreaded calling to ask if my tank order could be canceled since it had already shipped. Most companies would be impossible to reach, be disinterested in helping, and take forever to figure out a solution if they would offer one at all.

Not Bulk Reef Supply -- very short wait time, 5 minutes on the phone with super friendly customer service based here in the US, eager to help, and sympathetic to my situation! They promised to call me back soon with the next steps, as it sounds like this doesn't happen too often. Within 2 hours BRS called back saying the tank is being shipped back to Red Sea, not to me. One VERY small fee later, crisis averted.

Seriously -- these guys are AMAZING and made a pretty lousy situation a HECK of a lot better. Will definitely use BRS when I start a smaller tank soon!

USMC 4 LIFE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome. Now start looking for a place to move into next year. You can for the meantime bargain shop for equipment and get things here and there for a fraction of its price.

OP
OP
Giraffe0621

Giraffe0621

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome. Now start looking for a place to move into next year. You can for the meantime bargain shop for equipment and get things here and there for a fraction of its price.

I renewed my lease July 1st... and the landlord nixed the tank July 2. So only 362 days to go until I move. Maybe I'm paranoid, but it feels like he wanted me tied down with the lease before nixing the tank. Not exactly thrilled with him :mad:

Not sure if I'll start a small tank in the meantime. I'm not the most patient person, so going from YAY big tank --> no tank for 362 days = sad Amanda... we shall see!

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give the land lord some of the lease and ask to cancel the lease and go buy a house so u don’t have a landlord

spiraling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I renewed my lease July 1st... and the landlord nixed the tank July 2. So only 362 days to go until I move. Maybe I'm paranoid, but it feels like he wanted me tied down with the lease before nixing the tank. Not exactly thrilled with him :mad:

Not sure if I'll start a small tank in the meantime. I'm not the most patient person, so going from YAY big tank --> no tank for 362 days = sad Amanda... we shall see!

A small tank can be a great way to get some experience. make sure you get things that you would want in your big tank later. Getting a used tank / setup off craigslist can be quite economical, and give you insight to what kind of equipment works and doesn't.

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wow... that sucks something royal. Sounds like either the landlord was ok with it until someone talked him out of it, or he was just going for the hard sell on the resign. Glad that BRS took care of you, they've always been great to work with and Ive never had a bad experience with them at all.

A small tank can be a great way to get some experience. make sure you get things that you would want in your big tank later. Getting a used tank / setup off craigslist can be quite economical, and give you insight to what kind of equipment works and doesn't.

I would 100% agree with this. A 40 gallon breeder tank is a GREAT footprint and gives you plenty of room for a variety of livestock and you can use some of the equipment you already picked up for the big tank. If you have to go really small, then some of the Fluval kits (5-20 gallon) would be options but you get really limited with stocking options - could be a cool zoa garden or shrimp tank though. :) Keep us posted as to what you do to continue getting your fix! :D

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bulk Reef Supply -- you guys are THE BEST.
I dreaded calling to ask if my tank order could be canceled since it had already shipped. Most companies would be impossible to reach, be disinterested in helping, and take forever to figure out a solution if they would offer one at all.
Not Bulk Reef Supply -- very short wait time, 5 minutes on the phone with super friendly customer service based here in the US, eager to help, and sympathetic to my situation! They promised to call me back soon with the next steps, as it sounds like this doesn't happen too often. Within 2 hours BRS called back saying the tank is being shipped back to Red Sea, not to me. One VERY small fee later, crisis averted.
Seriously -- these guys are AMAZING and made a pretty lousy situation a HECK of a lot better. Will definitely use BRS when I start a smaller tank soon!

Whew, sorry for the delay here... But THANK YOU!! :D

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back