Glad to be back

tipastar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it’s been 15 years since I had my last aquarium (nano reef) before I moved to NYC. Back then, I was more in to the looks and less on the husbandry for sure. Developed my first LED lighting with custom heat sink even. Totally nerded out needless to say. One morning, woke up after a successful year of having this nano and everything was dead! Corals (not many) and two clown fish. Night before I was cleaning it (maybe had a bourbon or two) and used windex on the glass. I came to realize I sprayed the glass instead of the rag first. Ammonia killer for sure. Devastated me and the guilt kept me from starting over.

Fast fwd to this post 15 hrs later. Been watching the growth of this hobby with LED lighting, websites popping up selling everything and their brother and man has it flourished. I’ve stalked all of you on here and so many smart and ingenious people. Certainly a great community with a common passion. So I’m back in! But I’m older and like to think more wiser now. As for husbandry, may have failed with the ex wives but this is my new wife. I’m two weeks in to a cycle with live sand, FritzZyme 900 turbo start and dry rock. I’m still engaged in the smaller aquariums and this is a UNS 21g peninsula. (Yes there’s a raw shrimp also in the tank.). Even setup temporarily my RODI on the washing machine. Lol

Anyway, wanted to say thank you to the community here and look fwd to sharing and receiving more info from you folks.

IMG_1913.jpeg IMG_1912.jpeg IMG_1898.jpeg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 53 25.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 65 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back