Glass or Acrylic?

Yariel0527

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2010
Messages
271
Reaction score
5
Location
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in a process of build a new tank and I hasn't decide if I go with glass or acrylic what you guys recommend me? And why I should use it? Please explain me what you think of each other..
Thanks.
 
Glass for me due to the fact that acrylic will scratch a lot easier and glass is easier to clean.

Of course acrylic is a lot lighter but that's not enough to convince me.
 
I'd go glass. With a 150 gallon it isn't so heavy that glass is a problem and like others stated, glass is a lot easier to keep maintained.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new