Glueing mushrooms... they shrink!

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a couple mushrooms that I lost because I glued them and they shrank weeks later and drifted away. Mushrooms were attached to a rock and I glued rock to my LR. Mushrooms will shrink up time to time and become unattached. Is there anything I can do to avoid this? Problem is they drift away to a part of my tank that I just can’t reach.

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve glued them before but not often. When I put them in, I try to push them into rock crevices where they can attach without getting blown away. Still, I had a rock flower anemone that disappeared months ago. While tearing my tank down last weekend, I discovered it under a rock in the back of the tank. It’s as big as a saucer now...

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told by my local shop not to glue them...... I would try some type of container until they are bigger and can be placed somewhere they will attach to

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a while since I made a shroom rock. I used to take containers such as small buckets or large Tupperware filled with clean saltwater, place loose mushrooms and let it sit for a couple to a few days and most attached to the LR naturally on their own. It worked pretty well.

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all of the advice. Could be lighting. It’s only been one type of mushroom that has done this. An all green type. My others haven’t had this problem. Happened in both my tanks.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 123 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back