Gmoney243s 180g

Latest fts

uploadfromtaptalk1376700860251.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1376700874557.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1376700885014.jpg
 
I feel ya, there's just a few spots in my tank with a little bit of algae as well. Same thing going on. Maybe more flow to those areas? That's my next upgrade after Christmas, new powerheads, lol
 
I feel ya, there's just a few spots in my tank with a little bit of algae as well. Same thing going on. Maybe more flow to those areas? That's my next upgrade after Christmas, new powerheads, lol

Flow should be fine have 2 tunze 6105 and 2 1400gph cheapos plus what come from the return lol
 
Nice tank bud. How long did you wait to put fish in the system. I have been told to wait 3-6 months to ensure the nitrites, ammonia, and nitrates peak. What are your thoughts?
 
Nice tank bud. How long did you wait to put fish in the system. I have been told to wait 3-6 months to ensure the nitrites, ammonia, and nitrates peak. What are your thoughts?

Thx. 3-6 months is way to long. I put fish and corals in next day. I also had alrdy live rock. If your starting from scratch with dry rock then u need to start the cycle somehow then it shouldnt take but a Few weeks to cycle then you can add fish slowly. Some hardy corals can go in after your cycle is complete and you start adding fish. But for sps i would wait 6 months or so for things to settle down and stop swinging.
 
Thanks Mike, I have kicked off the cycle with dead shrimp. I am letting them biodegrade in the tank, then I will drop in some peppermint shrimp. I will do a water test this Sunday and see where I am. In I have placed old live rock (dead) in the tank. I also filled one of my canister filters with live rock (dead) so that it can start the growth process. I do have live Fiji sand in the tank, but that was the only live thing that went in. Thank you for your insight.

Drew
 
Just read through this whole build thread. I enjoyed the pics and videos a lot! Looks like you have a really nice tank going!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.7%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new