Gobie quarantine

JFleur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know im supposed to quarantine any new fish i want to put into my display, but do gobies fall under that as well? And if so, what should i feed it? Im not putting sand or anything it will be able to clean in the quarantine tank so i dont want it to starve before i even get it in the display

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
- You should qt a goby if your goal is a disease-free display. A goby can introduce disease just like any other fish, although they are more resistant to disease than most fish (they have the parasite but show no symptoms).

-What kind of goby is it? Most gobies will accept frozen meaty foods, flakes, pellets and don't need sand. Some gobies are hard to feed, like the twinspot, hectors and rainford goby.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JFleur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
- You should qt a goby if your goal is a disease-free display. A goby can introduce disease just like any other fish, although they are more resistant to disease than most fish (they have the parasite but show no symptoms).

-What kind of goby is it? Most gobies will accept frozen meaty foods, flakes, pellets and don't need sand. Some gobies are hard to feed, like the twinspot, hectors and rainford goby.
I was told its a sand sifting gobie... if thats the actual name

OP
OP
J

JFleur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Actually found what it is... a diamond gobie

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would put some sand in the QT. There’s no reason QT can’t have some sand.

Are you planning any prophylactic treatments, or just observation and treat if necessary?

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously, they don't need sand. At all. Only fish that really benefit from sand in qt are sand-sleeping wrasses.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 18.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 112 66.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back