Gobiodon pairs, how do they breed?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I’ve been wanting to try breeding a fish that people love and thought Gobiidae would be a good place to start. Now, out of the 4 goby species I will eventually own, only 2 of them haven’t been Captive bred. My tank is only a 20g (Red Sea Max Nano) and I wondered how these gobies breed.

Now, one of the gobies I want to own (I do own one currently) and breed is Gobiodon acicularis. My question is about how they like to breed. Do they prefer to be in pairs like other gobies or in groups like wrasses? Do we know what they eat when young (Phyto, Pods, Mysis/Brine?).

The other goby I would like to own is Discordipinna griesaingeri. Now, I don’t plan to try breed it due to the rarity of them AND them being hard to care for. Would I like a pair? Yes however I don’t hope to have a breeding pair.

If you have any input on this subject I’d love to hear it. Also I don’t want to breed clownfish because I think there’s already plenty of CB clownfish out there so although they’re easy to breed Id rather get a newer CB fish in the UK. As for the SPS coral with the Clown Goby, I figured that a nice colony of Staghorn (Or two) wouldn’t be able to be killed by a pair of Clown Gobies due to the speed theyq at can grow at.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is among the first times I really could film this. It seems to be on the same spot. It looks that this species prefer the coral they use in these videos. My G.okinawae prefer acropora

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is among the first times I really could film this. It seems to be on the same spot. It looks that this species prefer the coral they use in these videos. My G.okinawae prefer acropora

Sincerely Lasse
Ah, okay. So things like poccilopora may be better than a Staghorn do you think?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back