Golden Hawkfish gang

SupraSaltyReefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2018
Messages
210
Reaction score
246
Location
SF Bay Area, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else keeping a group of hawkfishes together? Two of the smaller ones have been together since 2021. I added the larger hawkfish in December 2022 when I set up my new tank. I think 2 of them have paired up since they always hang around each other. The 3rd just chills on the side. No aggression at all between them. Has anyone ever breed hawkfishes in captivity?
IMG_9958.jpeg


https://youtube.com/shorts/y2t-SsYPrSg?feature=share
 
Has anyone ever breed hawkfishes in captivity?
I've heard (but can't confirm) that people have had them spawn in captivity, but, to the best of my knowledge, no one has reared them in captivity yet (though I know a few professionals are working to breed and rear Flame Hawkfish now).
 
Are these known to be aggressive toward other hawkfish such as a flame?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new