Golden Pearls VS Reef 'Roids, or...

Rovert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize this might venture into 'holy war' territory, but I'm curious to know who uses what, and why. I've successfully used Golden Pearls many years ago, but thought I'd see if y'all have any preferences and for what reasons. Is there another product of this type you'd recommend? Let's hear it!

Thanks in advance!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Interesting question. What are you using the golden pearls for? I have used BSD golden pearls and reef roids, and others - my go-to for many uses such as coral food and fish fry food is Reef Nutrition's Chroma Boost powdered foods in their A and B sizes.

OP
OP
Rovert

Rovert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting question. What are you using the golden pearls for? I have used BSD golden pearls and reef roids, and others - my go-to for many uses such as coral food and fish fry food is Reef Nutrition's Chroma Boost powdered foods in their A and B sizes.
Feeding LPS and SPS corals, and by extension, microfauna.

dochou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used Golden Pearls in the past with success. I just hate the smell of it.
I Reef Roids now. They seem similar.

damsels are not mean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think most corals don't seem interested in any of these foods. LPS will accept most things but SPS I haven't seen any obvious prey capture with dried foods. Some zoas will as well but those grow fast enough. My LPS corals eat when the fish eat. If they can't catch food when I feed then I think they need to be moved. NPS corals can't survive on reef roids either (maybe they can but I haven't seen it happen).

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back