Goldhead sleeper goby red spot on stomach

  • Thread starter Thread starter AFLACie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AFLACie

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’ve had theses two gold head sleeper gobies for a couple months now. Today ive just noticed a red patch on one of them it’s only on the one side of the goby quite hard to get a picture of it as he keeps trying to hide!

I’d love some help identifying and how to treat this please. they have a deep cave under a rock the second one appears to have no discolouration. Seems to be breathing a little quick but still eating frozen (they have both always loved eating frozen food) IMG_4421.png IMG_4423.png
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4424.mov
    14.6 MB
Hello, I’ve had theses two gold head sleeper gobies for a couple months now. Today ive just noticed a red patch on one of them it’s only on the one side of the goby quite hard to get a picture of it as he keeps trying to hide!

I’d love some help identifying and how to treat this please. they have a deep cave under a rock the second one appears to have no discolouration. Seems to be breathing a little quick but still eating frozen (they have both always loved eating frozen food) IMG_4421.png IMG_4423.png
This can be post-injury but also a fish that is egg bound.
 
This can be post-injury but also a fish that is egg bound.
Hmm ok, I was worried about a bacteria infection of some sort. Don’t think I mentioned it but sorry for the bad pics! It was hard to get clear shots haha
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new