Goni

  • Thread starter Thread starter Isiah1820
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Isiah1820

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2020
Messages
355
Reaction score
98
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this Goni maybe 3 months and it seems to be just surviving rather than thriving. When I first got it, it looked good and had good extension. It eventually started to look shrunken the majority of the time. I did have it pretty high up in the rockwork so I lowered it. And then it started to look like the picture attached. One weird thing I’m noticing now is it only opens when the lights ramp down. Now I don’t have some super lights I have 2 ai primes. So idk what’s up with that. It also started to open a bit more when I hit it with some reef roids and also turned my skimmer off for a few days cause I was constantly getting if not zero dang near zero pho and nitrates.

IMG_2039.jpeg
 
I’ve had this Goni maybe 3 months and it seems to be just surviving rather than thriving. When I first got it, it looked good and had good extension. It eventually started to look shrunken the majority of the time. I did have it pretty high up in the rockwork so I lowered it. And then it started to look like the picture attached. One weird thing I’m noticing now is it only opens when the lights ramp down. Now I don’t have some super lights I have 2 ai primes. So idk what’s up with that. It also started to open a bit more when I hit it with some reef roids and also turned my skimmer off for a few days cause I was constantly getting if not zero dang near zero pho and nitrates.

IMG_2039.jpeg
Elevate it in the tank in path of medium water flow which keeps sediment off of them. Additionally, add amino 3x a week and manganese occasionally and moderate light . Also assure phosphate is not elevated
This is one of mine:
7B1694E4-AA55-4964-86A9-E987484D3C3A.jpeg
 
So my phosphates are low if not zero. And I had it in the middle and it didn’t like it. Lowering helped, but still not fully opening. But show more life than it did when it was higher. And I dose ab+ and phytoplankton.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new